Senior Interior Designer
Company Website Weber Thompson
Weber Thompson, an award-winning architecture, interior design, and landscape architecture firm, has an opening in our interior design studio. We work on a wide variety of project types, from affordable housing, mid-rise and high-rise multi-family, commercial office as well as hospitality and retail. Our projects are complex, and you will work hard – but you will be alongside a great group of people who prioritize collaboration and humor in their day-to-day work. We work in a light filled, Living Building office in the middle of the highly energized Fremont neighborhood in Seattle.
Our office is a friendly and low-key, yet deadline-driven environment with minimal egos. We pride ourselves on our commitment to the environment, community, and our clients. Our office culture welcomes humor and nurtures career growth. We offer a robust package of benefits, and a flexible, hybrid working schedule.
Weber Thompson is committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be a JUST Certified Company.
Senior Interior Designer
We are looking for a self-starter with 8+ years of experience in residential multi-family, commercial or retail. You must work well in a collaborative environment, be creative and client service oriented, have extensive space planning experience, excellent team communication skills and be obsessed about details and quality control.
This is a project management as well as a design position, so strong organizational skills, the ability to develop a project delivery plan and manage a schedule, budget and clients are desired, along with a resilient attitude. A Bachelor’s in Interior Design or related degree from an accredited program is required, NCIDQ Certified, or FIDER accredited degree preferred, as is LEED AP Accreditation.
Qualities and skills desired:
- Experience and expertise in Revit, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Excellent team and interdisciplinary communication, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- The ability to manage both schedules and budgets.
- Resilience, drive, and a positive attitude.
- Desire to work on projects of varying sizes and complexities.
- Experience with complex multi-phased housing and commercial projects.
- Experience in project management: contracts, scope, schedule, fee, workplan development, staff and resource management.
- Develop detailed design concepts by understanding the client’s vision and needs, along with budgetary requirements
- Familiar with codes, accessibility, space planning, and programming
- Produce construction documents including interior detailing with minimal supervision
- Prepare specifications and manage FF&E materials/finishes budgets
- Provide procurement coordination throughout the purchasing process and through final installation
- Create, participate, and often lead client presentations
- Quality Control and Coordination of Specifications with drawings for construction.
- Ability to effectively partner with jurisdictional staff, project teams and clients.
- Manage small to medium-sized projects that require minimal oversight from the Principal in Charge, and able to work on small projects independently or manage up to 3-person teams
If you meet the requirements listed above, please send your cover letter (important!) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t meet these requirements, please do not reply, but check back for additional openings in the coming months.