Interior Architect / Interior Designer
Company Website Veronica Barrow Design
Veronica Barrow Design (VBD) is currently seeking candidates for a part-time Contracted Interior Architect / Interior Designer position. Candidates should have 2+ years of professional experience, be self-sufficient, have solid experience moving a project through all phases of the design process, and have a strong design sensibility.
VBD is a BIPOC/WOC-owned boutique architecture and interior design studio. Our team collaborates remotely with flexible hours during the weekdays. Where required, core project collaboration hours are Monday – Friday, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Ideally, candidates should be located within the Seattle area, but may be located outside of Washington State.
About the Role
This is a project-specific, hands-on role that involves material research and project production through sketching, digital modeling, project manual production, vendor and material sourcing and ordering, and FF&E installation. The contracted Interior Designer works directly with the owner to develop the design of the interior spaces. This person works both collaboratively and independently to plan, coordinate, and document all stages of the project.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with product representatives, furniture suppliers, art consultants, and procurement agents to meet overall project goals
- Prepare design presentation packages
- Develop the design drawings using a broad range of CAD and graphic software
- Manage project budgets, specifications and schedules while working with owner
- Select FF&E, lighting, material palettes, and art concepts
- Incorporate sustainable design strategies and healthy materials into projects
Requirements | About You
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Architecture, or equivalent
- At least 1 year experience in mid-to-high end private residential, or equivalent (hospitality, retail, multi-family)
- A solid understanding of the relationship between design and constructability
- Efficient and effective time management
- Outstanding organization skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight, and to self-manage
- Ability to express design ideas three-dimensionally and through design narrative
- Ability to keep track of multiple materials throughout the course of project (design, construction, furniture install, move-in)
- Ability to conceptualize and execute design ideas from design concept through documentation, specifications and installation
- Experience with FFE design and deliverables
- Wide knowledge of material finishes, equipment and products
- Strong graphic presentation skills to communicate design ideas
- Experience with Construction Administration is preferred
- Experience with FF&E installation is a plus
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, MS Office, and InDesign software
- Willingness and ability to travel locally for project-related responsibilities
VBD is a boutique architecture and interiors studio in Seattle. Our focus is on private residential and multi-family projects, creating rich contextual spaces. The studio centers around the practice of collaboration and expression of thought. VBD empowers and amplifies the voices of our team.
To apply for this position fill out the online application form here.