Company Website TVA Architects, Inc.
About the Job:
TVA Architects is seeking Mid-Level Architects to join our team. We are looking for thoughtful, dedicated team members with strong design, planning and communication skills. We have a wide range of project opportunities and can accommodate a wide range of experience in our prospective team members, ranging from high-end residential to healthcare to commercial projects. We encourage you to submit your qualifications and join us.
- Experience: 5-15 years in the profession
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to produce coordinated construction documents
- Commitment to high quality design
- Proficiency in REVIT, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office required
Please send a single PDF that includes a letter of interest, your current resume and selected work examples or a link to your online portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
About TVA Architects, Inc.
TVA Architects was founded in 1984 in Portland, Oregon, and has a proud history of award-winning landmark projects throughout our region, including corporate headquarters, mixed-use high rise projects, and high-profile university projects. TVA’s evolution over the past ten years has seen the firm intentionally diversify market sectors and project types in addition to expanding firm ownership and leadership. We are extremely proud to be a majority woman-owned firm and we are incredibly excited about what the future holds.
Our people make us who we are.
Because of that, it is critical to our success to bring people on board with a long-term view of their employment and their professional opportunities. We do not hire on for a single project or a bubble in our workload. As proof of this, our current team of 30 has been with the firm for an average of over 12 years. We take great pride in this unusual aspect of our firm and believe that this level of continuity is invaluable to our project teams, our clients, and to new employees who have the opportunity to collaborate with such established, experienced peers. Working alongside our long-term TVA crew, our younger team members bring new perspectives, new ideas, and new energy to the office.
Our downtown Portland office space is currently fairly quiet as our team is working remotely. Looking ahead, TVA will have a flexible work policy, giving employees the opportunity to split their time 50/50 between home and office. As a firm, we are investing in technology that will ensure that our staff can work as collaboratively and productively at home as in the office.
Diversity of Project Types:
One of the many factors that make life at TVA more fulfilling than many other comparably-sized firms is the diversity of project types, sizes, and programs that we all work on together as well as team members’ ability to move between project types rather than to be placed in a single-focus ‘studio’. Our current work is representative of the diverse projects that we intentionally work to maintain. Our current project roster includes several LEED projects, several CLT projects, multiple complex renovations, higher-ed teaching and research, high-profile retail projects, ground-up government office buildings and service centers, healthcare and laboratory projects, high-end single family residential, and multi-family housing projects from wood-frame to high rise. The common thread in all of our work is design excellence. There are no ‘back of house’ projects at TVA. We take each opportunity, regardless of budget, construction type, or program, as an opportunity to problem-solve for our clients while creating beautiful spaces, efficient planning, and a lasting architecture.
Based on direct input from TVA team members, we have worked to create an excellent benefits package in addition to competitive salaries and long-term stability. There are many nuances to all of the simple line items listed below which we will gladly discuss with prospective candidates as we move through the hiring process:
- Performance Bonuses and firm-wide profit sharing
- Our Discretionary Time Off policy designed to create a flexible workplace, allowing project teams and team members to manage their own time and work effort while fostering better work-life balance
- TVA pays 100% of employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability and voluntary life insurance are available options at the employee’s expense
- Pre-Tax Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and transportation costs
- Professional Development (LEED, licensure support, conferences, and more) including an annual stipend for each employee
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching firm contribution up to 4.5% of salary
TVA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.