WA State licensed Architect
Company Website Tom Bakker Design LLC
WA State licensed Architect with 3-6 years’ experience in residential design.
The Architect will plan and design, and/or facilitate the execution of new building designs, and plan, design and/or facilitate the execution of building expansions or remodels according to the clients’ needs, desires and financial resources.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meetings with clients to identify scope of work and client wish list
- Prepare proposals for architectural design services and project preparation
- Prepare land use code reviews
- Prepare site plans
- Meetings with city and county building departments to obtain clear directive of building permit application requirements
- Architectural design
- Prepare permit drawings
- Assist clients to source and select products, materials and finishes
- Meetings with structural engineers
- Facilitate permitting process
- Correspondence with clients, professional consultants, cities, counties, contractors, suppliers, showrooms, etc.
- Visiting project sites periodically to ensure work is being executed according to architectural plans
- Perform other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- WA State architect license
- Knowledge of residential construction
- Knowledge of WA State residential building code
- Ability to be creative and bring new ideas to life
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Proficient in 3D modeling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem solving, negotiation and consultation skills
- Ability to translate client ideas into visual and/or tangible drawings and 3D models
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
A competitive salary package will be consistent with experience and aptitude.
Benefits include health, vision and dental insurance, retirement investment account, PTO and holidays.