Interior Designer, 4-8 Years Experience
Company Website The Miller Hull Partnership, LLP
The Miller Hull Partnership, founded in 1977, is a West Coast-based architecture and planning firm with offices in Seattle and San Diego. The firm is built on a legacy of environmentally responsible buildings inspired by the efficiency and elegance of passive system and regional materials. Miller Hull partners with clients and consultants to create deeply impactful buildings that are fresh and unexpected – whether a home, school or civic destination. Millers Hull’s built works are founded on a seamless relationship between interior and exterior spaces – they are inseparable. Essential values of our work integrate a timeless approach, expressed program, sense of belonging to the site and context reinforcing a sense of place. Design is focused on the user experience which is approachable and authentic in an honest expression of structure and materials. By maintaining the perspective to provide unexpected solutions, the firm’s work includes a broad range of projects designing inspired places where people Live, Work, Learn, Gather and Service. Miller Hull is the recipient of the National Firm Award from the American Institute of Architects and over 340 design awards and is published in numerous national and international design journals.
The Miller Hull Partnership is seeking highly self-motivated applicants for immediate placement in our Seattle or San Diego Studio for a salaried (exempt), full-time position as an Interior Designer to assist with multiple projects.
All responses must be received no later than midnight on Friday September 30, 2022 and will be held in the strictest confidence. During the application process, you will be asked to attach and copy/paste a cover letter and resume. Please also provide a copy of, or a link to your electronic portfolio that clearly addresses your experience with the criteria listed. Note: document size is limited to 4mb.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This listing is a partial list of tasks which are required for this position and may be subject to change at any time)
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
- Collaborate with the design team to help shape the user experience at a variety of project types and scales: core and shell to interior TI focused projects.
- Experience with technical aspects of interior architecture and assembling construction documents for interior environments including millwork and detailing.
- Work with a project team including multidisciplinary coordination and collaboration.
- Demonstrate an understanding of design concept and ability to apply and execute assigned tasks and responsibilities which further the design concept.
- Be flexible and effective in order to work on multiple projects in various stages of development and scale.
- Experience with selection of color palettes, material presentations & design selection and specification of FF&E
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A detail oriented, critical design thinker
- CIDQ Certification or in the process of certification
- Four (4) to Eight (8) years of post-graduate experience with interior focused projects
- Proficiency with Revit, Presentation software (Rhino, Lumion, Enscape) Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office platforms.
- Ability and proven examples of design process
- Examples of projects that require a high level of collaboration and team coordination
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate and work with others in a design team environment
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Project knowledge as it relates to interior assemblies, finishes and subsequent specification
- Examples of work demonstrating an understanding of sustainable design
- Examples of work demonstrating an understanding of equity in design
- An understanding and interest in material exploration, research and project knowledge, particularly with how it relates to Red List chemicals
- Diagraming and interior architectural rendering
- Examples of digital or physical models
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see, and hear. It is anticipated that while performing the duties of this job, you must be able to perform desk/computer work for 1-2 hours at a time, multiple times a day. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus, sitting in a stationary position most of a work day, requiring concentration and focus while being in front of a computer monitor and during meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the working environment is open and has no doors or cubicles.
We believe that architecture designed by teams of diverse talent results in inclusive design.
- The Miller Hull Partnership, LLP is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
- The firm values diversity and recognizes that people with different backgrounds, cultures, skills, and experiences bring new ideas and perceptions that benefit all. We embrace differences and strive to listen to and meet the changing needs of the workforce and surrounding communities in which we do business.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics or activities, such as age; race, including hair texture or protected hairstyles; color; religion or creed; national origin, immigration status, citizenship or ancestry; sex, including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; sexual orientation; gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, or sexual stereotypes; medical condition or genetic information, including family medical history; disability (including sensory, physical or mental impairments, or use of trained guide dog or service animal); veteran or military status; marital status; political ideology or activities; status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other characteristics or activities protected by law.
- If you need accommodation to respond to this ad, please call or send a message to (206) 682-6837.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information. No expenses related to submittal, interview or relocation will be reimbursed by Miller Hull.
Visit us at www.millerhull.com!