Project Architect, 4-8 yrs Experience
Company Website The Miller Hull Partnership, LLP
The Miller Hull Partnership Founded in 1977, is a West Coast-based architecture and planning firm with offices in Seattle and San Diego. Emphasizing performance-based design, capabilities include full-service architectural, interior design, as well as master and space planning for both public and private buildings. The firm’s design work spans a wide range of project types such as K-12 schools/higher education, community and interpretive centers, museums, public buildings, libraries, mixed-use buildings, laboratories, corporate offices, in-fill condominiums and small residences as well as international border crossings and embassies. The Miller Hull Partnership is the recipient of the National Firm Award from the American Institute of Architects as well as over 340 design awards, and is published in numerous national and international design journals.
The Miller Hull Partnership is seeking highly self-motivated applicants for immediate placement in our Seattle Studio as a full-time Project Architect to assist with multiple projects.
We are proud of our collaborative culture and we believe in an innovative, dynamic approach to design. We currently have projects of various size and program, for both public and private clients. It is an excellent time to join us. If you are high-design oriented with a focus on a socially and environmentally responsible projects, if you thrive in a collaborative team environment, and if you are self-motivated and eager to explore, we would like to welcome you to apply.
All responses must be received through Miller Hull’s Employment Portal , no later than midnight on Friday, October 29, 2021 and will be held in the strictest confidence. During the application process, you will be asked to attach and copy/paste a cover letter and resume. Please limit your document size to 4mb. Once we have determined that you meet the basic qualifications, we will contact you to provide a copy of, or a link to your electronic portfolio that clearly addresses your experience with the criteria listed.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information. No expenses related to submittal, interview or relocation will be reimbursed by Miller Hull.
This listing is a partial list of tasks which are required for this position and may be subject to change at any time:
- Actively collaborate as part of the project design team and/or manage a project design team on multiple projects
- Demonstrate an understanding of design concept and an ability to apply and execute assigned tasks and responsibilities which further the design concept
- Detailed production and documentation of project design and documents of projects of varying construction types and technical requirements
- Working with a project team to coordinate and provide quality oversight of a full set of documents, including multi-disciplinary coordination and collaboration
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited University Architecture Program
- Four (4) to Eight (8) years of prior, post-graduate experience
- Proficiency with Revit and MS Office platforms
- Experience with technical aspects of architecture and assembling construction documents on a wide variety of projects
- Examples of projects that required a high level of collaboration and team coordination
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate with others in a design team environment
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Examples of work demonstrating an understanding of sustainable design
- Examples of digital or physical models
Demonstrated proficiency with one or more of the following:
- SketchUp, 3D Studio Max, Adobe CS6, Rhino, AutoCAD, PowerPoint, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Experience with construction administration
- Experience in positions of leadership or public speaking
- Not required, but experience with hospitality, library, commercial office projects and high-rise construction will be considered
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly expected to work at a computer for 2-3 consecutive hours at a time.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We believe that architecture designed by teams of diverse talent results in inclusive design.
- The Miller Hull Partnership, LLP is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
- The firm values diversity and recognizes that people with different backgrounds, cultures, skills, and experiences bring new ideas and perceptions that benefit all. We embrace differences and strive to listen to and meet the changing needs of the workforce and surrounding communities in which we do business.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics or activities, such as age; race, including hair texture or protected hairstyles; color; religion or creed; national origin, immigration status, citizenship or ancestry; sex, including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; sexual orientation; gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, or sexual stereotypes; medical condition or genetic information, including family medical history; disability (including sensory, physical or mental impairments, or use of trained guide dog or service animal); veteran or military status; marital status; political ideology or activities; status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other characteristics or activities protected by law.
- If you need accommodation to respond to this ad, please call or send a message to (206) 682-6837.