Project Administrative Assistant
Company Website The Miller Hull Partnership, LLP
The Miller Hull Partnership, founded in 1977, is a West Coast-based architecture and planning firm with offices in Seattle and San Diego. Emphasizing performance-based design, capabilities include full-service architectural, interior design, as well as master and space planning for both public and private buildings. The firm’s design work spans a wide range of project types such as K-12 schools/higher education, community and interpretive centers, museums, public buildings, libraries, mixed-use buildings, laboratories, corporate offices, infill condominiums and small residences as well as international border crossings and embassies. The Miller Hull Partnership is the recipient of the National Firm Award from the American Institute of Architects as well as over 340 design awards and is published in numerous national and international design journals.
We are proud of our collaborative culture, and we believe in an innovative, dynamic approach to design. We currently have projects of various size and program, for both public and private clients. It is an excellent time to join us. If you are high design oriented with a focus on a socially and environmentally responsible projects, if you thrive in a collaborative team environment, and if you are self-motivated and eager to explore, we would like to welcome you to apply.
The Miller Hull Partnership is seeking highly self-motivated applicants for a full-time, non-exempt Project Administrative Assistant for immediate placement in our Seattle Studio to assist with multiple projects. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, resourceful, team-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks with flexibility.
This listing is a partial list of essential duties and responsibilities which are required for this position and may be subject to change at any time:
- Contributing actively in, and performing adjunct administrative tasks for architectural projects as part of a larger team under direction of a team leader(s); it is expected that the employee will work on multiple projects at one time
- Assisting with project staffing on our in-house program for tracking staffing allocations. Hired individual will work directly with staffing group and individual project teams to understand and input staffing data on a weekly basis.
- Working with Firm leadership to provide administrative tasks for the office as requested
- Electronic filing, recording and transfer of project information
- Project communication
- Project event/meeting organization
- Coordinate mail, courier, and package services
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply
- Proficiency with Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize/complete tasks and manage conflicting demands and deadlines
- Ability to remain focused and engaged with little direct supervision
- Experience with or ability to learn various Project Management database software packages; for example, Newforma, Viewpoint, etc.)
- Able to communicate professionally with staff, clients and consultants via phone, email or in person
- Ability to work as part of a team
The following skills are highly desirable:
A background or understanding of architecture, architectural and/or construction, including architecture and construction terms and related technical vocabulary
Experience with technical aspects of architecture such as:
- LEED Documentation
- Building technology and building products
- Construction administration
- Experience with technical software: Deltek Software, including Vantagepoint, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Bluebeam Revu
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see, and hear. It is anticipated that while performing the duties of this job, you must be able to perform desk/computer work for 1-2 hours at a time, multiple times a day. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus, sitting in a stationary position most of a work day, requiring concentration and focus while being in front of a computer monitor and during meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the working environment is open and has no doors or cubicles.
All responses must be received through Miller Hull’s Employment Portal, no later than midnight on Sunday, December 5, 2021.
During the application process, you will be asked to attach and copy/paste a cover letter and resume.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information. No expenses related to submittal, interview or relocation will be reimbursed by Miller Hull.
We believe that architecture designed by teams of diverse talent results in inclusive design.
- The Miller Hull Partnership, LLP is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
- The firm values diversity and recognizes that people with different backgrounds, cultures, skills, and experiences bring new ideas and perceptions that benefit all. We embrace differences and strive to listen to and meet the changing needs of the workforce and surrounding communities in which we do business.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics or activities, such as age; race, including hair texture or protected hairstyles; color; religion or creed; national origin, immigration status, citizenship or ancestry; sex, including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; sexual orientation; gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, or sexual stereotypes; medical condition or genetic information, including family medical history; disability (including sensory, physical or mental impairments, or use of trained guide dog or service animal); veteran or military status; marital status; political ideology or activities; status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other characteristics or activities protected by law.
- If you need accommodation to respond to this ad, please call or send a message to (206) 682-6837.
Visit us at www.millerhull.com!