Company Website Sturman Architects
Seeking Architectural Professional for Residential boutique firm in Bellevue, WA
Sturman Architects has been creating distinct architectural designs in Northwest Washington for over 25 years. But for us, architecture isn’t just about our unique designs or innovative process, it’s about the exceptional experience and lifelong relationships we develop as we guide our clients through the complex process of bringing their dreams to life!
We are looking for a candidate who will take pride in upholding our Sturman customer promise:
Style – We will listen closely to create a high-quality style…
Trust – We will earn your trust by going the extra mile…
Understand – We will help you understand what you are looking for
Responsibility – We will take responsibility for promptly correcting any potential errors…
Manage – We will manage all your project details, from design to construction…
Accuracy – We will ensure accuracy in all our work…
Network – We will bring you a network of high-quality professionals…
(Read our full Sturman Promise at https://sturmanarchitects.com/our-promise/)
A great candidate is someone who strives for excellence in their work and has a thirst for personal growth. You will enjoy using your creative talents with our small, collaborative team while also demonstrating the ability to independently produce high-quality work. Our main workload includes new custom homes complex renovation projects. While most of our work is single-family residential homes, we also design unique commercial projects. We value education and strive to stay apprised of current industry trends and technologies and provide on-going opportunities for learning and growth.
We adhere to the CDC’s COVID-19 guidelines and currently follow a 40-hour hybrid workweek while working remotely Mondays and Fridays and in office Tuesdays through Thursdays. We look forward to returning soon to a full, in-office schedule, as the CDC allows, where we will do our best work while collaboratively sharing our creative ideas.
· Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Architecture
· 5+ years experience, preferably in single-family residential
· Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, 3D Rendering, and Windows
· Capability in using Revit, Lumion or Enscape are a BONUS
· Strong, creative design skills, ability to space plan multiple options.
· Detailing experience from structural sections to custom trim details
· Knowledge of wood frame construction
· Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a team
· Enjoys a small firm atmosphere
· Competent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to effectively move between and manage multiple projects
· Experience with coordinating consultants and the jurisdictional process
· Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
· Hands on involvement at all phases of various projects from schematic design through construction administration
· High-quality production of 3D renderings using Sketchup and AutoCAD
· Competently lead projects and work directly with clients as needed
· Participate in on-going education, including company sponsored lunch-and-learns
· Efficiently manage project timelines and budgets
· Annual bonuses
Pay: Competitive pay based on experience
Please send resume, cover letter and portfolio or samples of work to Brad Sturman at BradS@SturmanArchitects.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.