Interior Designer ( 3 Years Min)
Company Website Studio19 Architects
Studio19 Architects is a vibrant, growing firm located in Downtown Seattle. We have a broad variety of project types and scales ranging from Mixed-use and Multifamily to Hospitality, Commercial Tenant Improvement, Single Family Custom Homes, Interior Design and Master Planning.
We currently have an opening for an Interior Designer with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience competent in the design and technical documentation of Commercial and Residential Interior spaces, familiarity with building code and ADA code, good graphic and verbal presentation skills. The ideal candidate will be able to work on multifamily and hotel projects as well as have experience in high-end residential and commercial Tenant Improvement projects.
· Develop design, construction documents and specifications for Interior aspect of projects
· Interpret design concepts and translate them into workable construction systems; evaluate alternatives to develop cost-effective solutions; maintain quality technical and design control
· Preparation and modification of permit and construction drawings ensuring the incorporation of the design intent utilizing CAD software
· Current and familiarity with interior materials on the market
· Deliver complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation
· Work independently or with design team to complete projects on aggressive schedules
· Produce graphic presentation package to convey design ideas
· Help with marketing graphic materials
Skills and Competencies:
· Strong Interior Design capability
· 3D modeling and rendering software such as 3ds Max Design and SketchUp a plus
· Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign graphic software a plus
· Strong graphic skills
· Strong verbal presentation skills
· Familiarity with interior design related IBC codes and ADA code
· Knowledge of Multi-family, custom home and Tenant Improvements work required
· Construction materials, methods, standards and codes
· Interior Construction documentation production
· AutoCAD required, Revit a plus
· MS Office, including Word and Excel
· Ability to effectively meet deadlines
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing
· Strong organizational skills
Experience: 3+ years of Interior design experience working in architecture or Interior Design firm
Studio19 offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a relaxing and friendly work environment, and an opportunity to gain experience on a wide range of project types and scales.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter and work samples to:
careers @studio19architects.com. No phone inquiries will be accepted.