Staff Architect II
Company Website Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
Bohlin Cywinski Jackson is seeking architectural designers with 0-3 years of professional experience for immediate positions in our Seattle studio.
As a practice with a diverse portfolio, project assignments could range from residential, mixed-use, academic, cultural, and workplace. Assignments will vary based on project needs, skills, and experience, but our approach is one that values the continuity of a project team throughout design and documentation. We highly value staff with a proficiency in a range of skills and ability as they regularly work with a team on a wide variety of assignments in all phases of project development and construction administration.
Primary Project Responsibilities
As an active member of a design team, you will:
- Support projects of various types, scales, and phases.
- Support and participate in design reviews and presentations to achieve the project design goals.
- Collaborate and communicate concepts to project team members verbally and through graphic and written means.
- Produce visualization graphics and architectural documentation.
- Participate in the development of solutions to design problems.
- Be a valued contributor, bring your authentic self to each project, and be accountable to your team.
Overall Firm Responsibilities
In addition to specific project responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to:
- Participate and contribute to firmwide discussions and initiatives related to research, design, sustainability, and firm culture.
- Build and maintain relationships across the firm through mentoring, training, and other professional development opportunities.
- Bring your unique talents and experiences to add value to our diverse design-focused community.
Work Style and Hours
This role requires that you:
- Have ability to commence work shortly after job acceptance and are able to collaborate with project teams in an in-office environment.
- Have excellent time management skills. Our firm supports a flexible work schedule and work-life balance, with the expectation that individuals are able to manage their time to meet project and firm commitments and can work on multiple tasks in parallel, often on tight deadlines.
- Are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Qualifications, Skills, and Interests
This role is for you if you:
- Have a professional degree in Architecture or equivalent professional experience.
- Have up to 3 years of architectural or related professional experience.
- Are familiar with or proficient with documentation and visualization programs: Revit, Enscape, Bluebeam, etc. (Revit familiarity and 3D modeling proficiency are required for this position as it is our primary tool for documentation and visualization.).
- Are proficient with physical model making and the tools that support model making (for example, laser cutters, CNC machines, etc.)
- Are familiar with graphics programs, such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment but are also able to work self-directed.
- Are detail and task-oriented, with an enthusiasm for craft and excellence.
- Possess exceptional design skills that can be applied to a collegial team environment, with open-mindedness and curiosity