Company Website Solomon Cordwell Buenz
About SCB Seattle
SCB is an award winning multi-disciplinary design firm with a national presence opening a new Seattle office as an architectural start-up, backed by a well-established ninety-year practice. We are looking to bring on board a Project Designer to help build an office that is equal parts SCB and Seattle.
We are looking for a creative, passionate, and driven design professional who wants to get in on the ground floor to help us build a vibrant practice and culture working on mixed-use multi-family, commercial office, and higher education projects.
You’d be joining us in our new office, located in the center of historic Pioneer Square district, with easy access to Occidental Square and the waterfront.
SCB Seattle, working in tandem with our San Francisco office, is already at work on several exciting projects in the Western US and Canada.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- 5 or 6-year accredited professional degree in architecture
- 6+ years minimum post-graduate, full-time professional experience
- Licensed Architect in the US preferred
- Multi-family residential project experience. Commercial office, and higher education project experience a plus
- Have a passion for design, a pulse on emerging trends, and a developed point of view about your work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the capability to influence design outcomes
- Acute attention to detail and aesthetic sensibility
- Enthusiasm for utilizing a diverse set of approaches to creative problem solving
- Values superior client service
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, hands-on, creative environment
- Displays technical knowledge of local zoning ordinances, building codes, material assemblies, building systems, and engineering concepts
- Proficient in 3D digital modeling and graphics software such as Revit, SketchUp, Rhino, Grasshopper, 3ds Max, Enscape, and Adobe Creative Suite
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Is integral in the formulation of project design philosophy and adheres strictly to this philosophy in the execution of the work and in assignments to junior staff
- Leads project designs and client design presentations working closely with multidisciplinary teams
- Gives and solicits feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Effectively prioritize and fluidly transition between of a wide range of concurrent projects
- Participates in strategic discussion with senior management on issues that affect the Firm’s performance, perception in the marketplace, client satisfaction and profitability
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Senior Planner job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or bnusinesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s Services. SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You may request that your PI be deleted, however, SCB may need to retain some information when necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SCB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employers and valuse the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We consider all applications without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.