Company Website Solomon Cordwell Buenz
SCB is an award winning multi-disciplinary design firm with a national presence opening a new Seattle office as an architectural start-up, backed by a well-established ninety year practice. We are looking to bring on board a Project Architect to help build an office that is equal parts SCB and Seattle.
We are looking for a creative, passionate, and driven design professional who wants to get in on the ground floor to help us build a great practice and culture working on multi-family, mixed-use, commercial office, and higher education projects.
You’d be joining us in our new office located in the center of historic Pioneer Square district, with easy access to Occidental Square and the waterfront.
SCB Seattle, working in tandem with our San Francisco office, is already at work on several exciting projects in the Western US and Canada.
- 5 or 6-year accredited professional degree in architecture
- 5+ years minimum post-graduate, full-time professional experience
- Licensed Architect in the US
- Multi-family residential project experience. Commercial office, and higher education project experience a plus
- Working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with, local zoning ordinances, building codes and the process by which design solutions are quantified, illustrated and explained to approval authority’s ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals including clients, consultants, code officials and construction trades
- Proven leadership abilities and mature judgment
- Ability to take charge and respectfully direct and mentor younger staff at all project stages
- Displays technical knowledge of building systems, material assemblies, and engineering concepts
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors the time spent by staff at all levels during all project phases and modifies the project work plan to conform with the fee, budget and schedule, or takes other action to correct situations where tasks extend beyond the project fee, budget and/or schedule.
- Mentors and trains junior staff in a constructive and thoughtful manner.
- Participates in strategic discussion with senior management on issues that affect the Firm’s performance, perception in the marketplace, client satisfaction and profitability.