Company Website SmithGroup
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,200 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies, and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future – for our clients, communities, and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
We are in the unique position of having multiple significant healthcare commissions for institutions shaping the landscape of next-generation healthcare that offer career-shaping leadership roles and experiences for dedicated and emerging professionals. The work includes large-scale hospital expansions for academic medical centers and leading community healthcare systems as well as mid-to large-scale ambulatory surgery and specialty care environments. These projects offer opportunities to gain experience working in Big Rooms and partnering with contractors and trade partners through design.
The San Francisco office of SmithGroup is looking for a Project Architect to join our team. This role can be fulfilled remotely.
Working with us, you will:
- Play a key leadership role and be an essential part of a project team working on all phases of a design project from Programming and Schematic Design through Construction.
- Demonstrate technical skills on major projects.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
- Develop, review, and approve proposals, reports, and contract documents
- Develop and maintain industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience.
- LEED AP preferred. Architectural Registration preferred.
- Working knowledge of engineering systems; can successfully engage with professionals in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with clients and build client relationships and trust.
- Strong mentoring, written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- High proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Only candidates who meet these requirements will be considered.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link:
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also promote a healthy work/life balance for our staff which includes an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays), as well as hybrid work options that give our team the flexibility to work within our vibrant office culture or remotely, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or arrest/conviction records.