Intermediate Architectural Designer
Company Website SmithGroup
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,200 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies, and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future – for our clients, communities, and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
We are in the unique position of having multiple significant healthcare commissions for institutions shaping the landscape of next-generation healthcare that offer career-shaping leadership roles and experiences for dedicated and emerging professionals. The work includes large-scale hospital expansions for academic medical centers and leading community healthcare systems as well as mid-to large-scale ambulatory surgery and specialty care environments. These projects offer opportunities to gain experience working in Big Rooms and partnering with contractors and trade partners through design.
The San Francisco office of SmithGroup is looking for an Intermediate Architectural Designer to join our team. This role can be fulfilled remotely.
Working with us, you will:
- Create and develop planning and design concepts, and support more senior planners and architects on large projects.
- Prepare and coordinate architectural drawings, renderings specifications and design assignments under general supervision to meet project requirements.
- Relate building design concepts to building codes, zoning ordinances and other external issues.
- Consult with manufacturers; research and propose materials and products.
- Prepare and create presentation drawings and/or graphics and otherwise assist in presentations both internally and externally.
- Mentor and train junior staff.
- Assist in construction administration including responding to RFI’s, preparing sketches and addendums (CCD’s), visit construction sites to gather information and/or prepare punch lists.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Must be eligible to take the Architectural Registration Examination within a few years.
- Working knowledge of engineering systems and the ability to successfully engage with professionals in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- On-the-job experience using Revit to produce construction documents.
- High proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Only candidates who meet these requirements will be considered.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link:
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also promote a healthy work/life balance for our staff which includes an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays), as well as hybrid work options that give our team the flexibility to work within our vibrant office culture or remotely, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or arrest/conviction records.