Senior Project Architect: Custom Residential
Company Website Board & Vellum
Board & Vellum is looking for a talented, self-motivated individual to join our team as Senior Project Architect. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, works well with clients and colleagues, and is driven to help grow a creative design firm.
This role will work closely with the Director of the Custom Residential Studio to manage studio workflow and be the leader of complex residential projects. This position requires the ability to manage others, coordinate workflow, assign project teams, actively mentor, and oversee the project delivery processes.
Your personality and attitude will be more important than your skill set; however, please aim to have the following qualifications:
- Approximately 10-12 years of experience in custom residential design.
- Professional license strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage others, coordinate workflow, assign project teams, mentor, and oversee project delivery processes.
- Ability to fully run multiple custom residential projects, including complex projects, and lead project teams collaboratively.
- Excellent grasp of assembling contract documents.
- Participate in the proposal and fee development process for new project prospects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with clients and skill in client care.
- Familiarity with Seattle codes and permitting is a plus.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Be self–sufficient, and able to handle multiple projects and tasks.
We value flexible working hours, treating each other with respect, having fun, maintaining a work/life balance, bad jokes, and speaking in a language our clients can understand. We offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid professional memberships; 401k matching; paid time to volunteer in your community; four weeks of vacation; holiday and discretionary time; free ORCA pass; wellness reimbursement; and a bunch of damn great people to work with (albeit mostly virtually at the moment). Board & Vellum is a dog-friendly office, and a non-smoking environment. Our office is on Capitol Hill, within walking distance to all the fun stuff you want to do, but initially, you will be working from home. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Compensation will be commensurate with professional work experience.
To be considered for a position, please send a résumé and cover letter (we really read them), along with examples of your work to: email@example.com.
Please, no phone calls regarding this position.