Company Website Schemata Workshop
Schemata Workshop is a collaborative, collegial architecture practice dedicated to fostering vibrant communities for people to live, work, and play. Our work focuses on building community, resilience, and social equity through thoughtful design and a methodical project delivery process together with mission-aligned clients.
Schemata Workshop is hiring an Architectural Designer with five to eight years of experience to work on affordable and market-rate multifamily housing, urban design and “infratecture”, community buildings, and other mixed-use projects. An acute dedication to the practice of architecture is required for this position, along with outstanding graphic and verbal communication skills, and a passion for sustainability, racial equity, and community. Engagement in community is desirable, as well as an interest in public design and public projects.
Schemata Workshop actively supports the professional development of staff, including complete exposure to AXP Experience Categories such as contracts, fee negotiation, and construction administration. We have a collegial and supportive office culture that has been a hallmark of the firm since its inception in 2004. Mentorship and community service are integral to the practice and championed by the Principals.
- Creative design and problem solving in project teams of two to four people;
- Developing design options;
- Drafting and detailing of a variety of construction types;
- Visualization of projects to communicate design intent and design evolution;
- Interaction with public agencies, consultants, and clients, including assisting with permitting and planning;
- Graphics support for active projects and marketing efforts;
- Code research and analysis.
Required Skills & Experience
- Advanced Revit skillset
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office applications
- Rhino and/or SketchUp
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Lumion and/or Enscape
- Skilled in synthesizing context, program, and site constraints.
- Facile in quickly developing iterative design concepts.
Please see www.schemataworkshop.com for the firm profile and more detailed project range. We take pride in our culture of transparency, mentorship, and collaboration. Schemata is a JUST-Certified company, which is a ‘nutritional label’ for social justice and equity indicators.
Salary range: $65,000 – $74,000, depending on qualifications.
- Medical, dental and disability insurance
- Family leave coverage
- Nine paid holidays
- Accrual of ten days of paid vacation
- Accrual of 52 hours of paid personal leave
- Annual continuing education stipend of $750
- Sixteen paid hours of continuing education
- Company-paid ORCA card
- Participation in IRA SIMPLE (3% company match)
- Company match for philanthropic giving (up to an annual maximum)
*Women and BIPOC folks encouraged to apply*
Consistent with existing city, state and federal laws, Schemata Workshop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on a person’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression/identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political ideology, or that of his/her/their relatives, friends, or associates.