Project Manager + Architect
Company Website Schemata Workshop
Schemata Workshop is a collaborative architecture practice dedicated to fostering vibrant communities where people can live, work, and play. Our work is mission-driven, focusing on building community, resilience, and social equity through thoughtful design, and work with clients who share our values.
Schemata Workshop is hiring an Architect with approximately 8 – 10 years of experience in affordable and market-rate multifamily housing, community buildings, and other mixed-use projects. Experience with urban design and “infratecture” is appreciated as well. We invite candidates to bring innovation and passion to the position, and we welcome ideas to improve our firm culture and the overall quality of work.
Schemata Workshop actively supports the professional development of its staff. The person in this position will be encouraged to contribute to conversations around business development and project management. We offer an opportunity for career growth and leadership progression. An acute dedication to the practice of architecture is required for this position, along with outstanding graphic and verbal communication skills, and a passion for sustainability, racial equity, and community. Engagement in community is desirable, as well as an interest in public interest design and public projects.
Required Skills + Experience
- Autodesk Revit expertise
- Microsoft Office + Project
- Adobe Creative Suite and Bluebeam
- Bachelor’s degree (or more) in architecture
- Developing design options for team & client review
- Experience with Seattle Design Review process, or similar
- Experience with construction contract administration
Desirable Skills + Experience
- Active membership in local/national professional or community-based organization(s)
- Rhino and/or Sketchup for design studies
- LEED, Living Building Challenge, Passive House, and/or SEED accreditation
- Lead team interaction with public agencies, including permitting, planning, and design review process
- Serve as a mentor to less-experienced staff
- Creative design and problem solving in project teams of 2 to 4 people
- Must be able to execute design work on small projects, with familiarity and accuracy from concept design through construction contract documents. Larger projects will require oversight and additional team collaboration.
- Drafting and detailing of a variety of construction types, especially wood-framed
- Visualization of projects to communicate design intent and design evolution
- Graphics support for active projects and marketing efforts
- Land use (zoning), and Building Code research and analysis
- Client care and support
Please see www.schemataworkshop.com for firm profile and more detailed project range. Benefits include full medical, dental, and vision coverage, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid sick time, vacation and holidays, continuing education opportunities, and retirement plan matching.
While we value working collaboratively and in person, Schemata offers flexibility for all staff to work remotely, and maintain a robust cloud network to support our workflow and culture.
Resumes and work samples should be emailed to email@example.com. Women and BIPOC architects are encouraged to apply.
Consistent with existing city, state and federal laws, Schemata Workshop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on a person’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression/identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or political ideology, or that of his/her/their relatives, friends, or associates.