Company Website Weinstein A+U
Weinstein A+U is an award-winning firm based in Seattle, and the recipient of the 2019 AIA Northwest and Pacific Region Firm Award. Our design approach delivers disciplined and thoughtful projects and our firm has been recognized for design excellence on a broad spectrum of project types, including multi- and single-family residential, adaptive reuse, commercial, and public sector projects Our 27-person office is located in a beautifully rehabilitated, brick-walled studio in an historic building near Pike Place Market, which promotes an open, collaborative work environment. We are currently working in a hybrid mode, with a flexible choice of days in-office.
We are seeking an experienced, well-rounded Project Manager who is excited to join our team.
We value a rigorous and rational approach to design, and encourage open communication, team sharing, and design input from all our Architects and Designers. Our firm size, generalist approach, and wide range of project types promotes long-term career exploration and growth.
We are seeking:
- a rigorous designer with an attention to detail
- a collaborator, able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- a problem-solver with strong organizational skills
- a graphic and verbal communicator, experienced with public speaking
- an individual eager to learn as well as to mentor
- self-motivated and able to skillfully motivate others
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading integrated design teams on one or multiple projects
- Coordinating Owners’ schedules and budgets with entitlements processes and document production
- Clearly communicating overall project priorities to design teams and collaborating to achieve those priorities in a manner that elevates the whole team
- Providing positive design oversight to maintain a consistent level of design development in support of a comprehensive, unified design concept
- Management of project contracts, fees and schedules in coordination with the administrative staff and the firm leadership group
- Oversight and coordination of consultant teams
- Public representation of projects, including presentations to ownership groups, project stakeholders, and authorities having jurisdiction
- Preparation and review of project/fee proposals, in coordination with the firm leadership group
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited University Architecture Program
- Architectural Licensure
- 10-14 years of post-graduate experience working in architecture
- At least 5 years of experience with multi-family design and construction contract administration
- Experience with contracts, proposal and fee preparation and review
- Demonstrated proficiency with project fee and schedule management, budget analysis and value engineering coordination
- Demonstrated proficiency with IBC and local zoning codes
- Experience with public speaking and presentations
While we expect you to be as adept with a pencil or pen as you are with a computer, BIM experience is a plus and ArchiCAD ideal. No matter your experience, our full-time BIM Manager will provide training and ongoing support.
We require that applicants be able to legally work in the US. We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
Weinstein A+U offers a competitive compensation package with the following benefits:
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Flexible work schedules
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Participation in Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, transportation, parking and daycare
- Participation in a 401(k) retirement plan (traditional or Roth)
- Subsidized educational, training and mentorship opportunities
To learn more about us, please visit our website at:
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, résumé, references, and recent work samples (including a description of your role and specific involvement in each project) as a single PDF (max 12MB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Project Manager” and your name in the subject line. We will contact selected candidates to arrange an interview and therefore ask that you do not follow up with phone calls or drop-ins.
Weinstein A+U is committed to maintaining an equitable, inclusive, and non-discriminatory workplace. We strive for a diverse staff for the varied perspective this brings to better serve our clients and the communities affected by our work. We believe in representing communities in an authentic way, our firm motto being “shaping communities, one thoughtful building at a time.”