Project Architect / Technical Specialist
Company Website DAHLIN
DAHLIN is a diverse architecture and planning firm practice of 160+ multi-cultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently seeking a PROJECT ARCHITECT / TECHICAL SPECIALIST to join the team in our BELLEVUE, WA office. This experienced professional must perform at a very high level of professional competency and/or client focus. Primarily responsible for reviewing Construction Documents for code compliance, consultant coordination, completeness, and quality control. May also be responsible for directing, coordinating and overseeing production of project design and/or construction documents and/or construction administration of a major project or several small projects.
In response to COVID-19, DAHLIN follows all COVID-19 mandates, including health screenings, vaccinations and masking indoors.
- Directs Schematic Design and Construction Documents
- Directs and coordinates consultants
- Responsible for adherence to codes and regulations
- Monitors budgets and schedules and maintains project documentation
- Selects, evaluates, and implements procedures and techniques used on projects
- Reviews construction documents for accuracy, omissions, constructability coordination, consistency, legibility and code compliance, provides drawing markups to the team
- Has client and outside consultant contact
- Supervision of technical staff may be required
- Performs design computations, data compilation, and varied architectural assignments
- Balances design goals, client requirements, constructability and code
- Willingness to ask questions for clarification, propose solutions and make decisions
- Dedication to high quality deliverables
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Highly developed skills and talent in SketchUp modeling, Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, and preparation of presentation materials
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills, positive attitude and strong follow-through
- Strong verbal and graphic communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Ability to think quickly, stay on track and work independently and in a team environment
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE,EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATION:
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of experience
- Licensed Architect in the state of Washington preferred, but not required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any restrictions or visa sponsorship
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We’ll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Non-local candidates will be considered. However, DAHLIN may or may not offer relocation benefits depending on business needs. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for an employment visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.