Project Architect – Multifamily
Company Website Christopher Jones Architects
Project Architect – Multifamily
Christopher Jones Architects is a Seattle-based design firm founded on the belief that all buildings should be thoughtfully designed, well crafted, sustainable, and bring satisfaction to their owners. To help us achieve our mission and handle our growing portfolio of work, we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented person to join us as a Project Architect.
As a small office, each person plays an important part in the culture of the firm, bringing their own humor, passions, and backgrounds. Given this, finding a personality that is a good fit into our “work family” is as important as your experience and skills. For those skills, while we understand that everyone brings a wide range of talents to the table, we’re currently looking for the following:
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture, with licensure preferred.
- 6-8 years or more of experience with mixed-use apartments and townhouses, including construction administration.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while delivering consistent results.
- Ability to coordinate with the project manager on workload and schedule.
- Maintain the flow of communications and documents with a project’s team of consultants.
- A thorough knowledge of Type V construction, and experience with Types I & III helpful.
- Have a strong understanding of the International Residential and Building Codes.
- Knowledge of Seattle and/or Tacoma land use and building permit processes is required, with design review experience preferred. Experience in other regional jurisdictions will be valuable.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite. We are not currently working in Revit, but it’s on the horizon and these skills will be an asset.
The successful candidate should also demonstrate their ability to:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly present ideas to the project team as well as clients, both in-person and electronically. (We cannot stress this enough).
- Be a dependable self-starter, with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks and move between them quickly and easily.
We value hard work, but realize it is best achieved through flexible scheduling and the ability to work from home. Our staff are currently working remotely, and the option to do so will continue beyond the pandemic. When we are in the office, it is located downtown on the 14th floor of the Medical Dental Building, which affords us nice views, a lot of sunshine, secure bike parking, easy access to transit, an on-site gym, showers, locker room, and an indoor garden space for a quiet getaway or lunches.
Salaries are competitive based on experience, and benefits include: fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance; profit sharing; three weeks of paid time off and nine paid holidays; twenty hours of paid professional development time; reimbursed exam fees & professional memberships; as well as a flexible transportation subsidy. Hiring at CJA is equal opportunity, and not based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
To be considered for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter along with examples of your work to email@example.com.