Company Website Studio DIAA
About Studio DIAA:
design, interiors, architecture, + atmosphere
Studio DIAA designs atmospheres where integrated architecture, interiors and custom objects merge to create holistic environments. We craft spaces with a distinctive tactile quality, artfully combining light, sound and materials. Our architecture and interior designs engage the senses, paying close attention to the nuances that shape experience.
We strive for site-specific designs that offer a heightened awareness of place, informed by an attentiveness to the surrounding environment and needs of the inhabitants. Working in close collaboration with clients, craftspeople, artisans, consultants and builders, we cultivate a shared experience of design. We believe in revealing the inherent beauty of materials and capturing natural qualities of the environment: light, wind, water and land. Atmosphere is about finding beauty in subtlety. We create intimate and thoughtful buildings, spaces and objects that aspire to move the human spirit.
We are seeking a mid-level project architect/manager with at least 3-7 years of professional experience, and a background in thoughtfully detailed, modern residential architecture. The ideal candidate will have both strong design and technical skills, and will have experience in every phase of design, permitting, documentation, and construction of high quality. A deep appreciation and understanding of modern design and detailing is essential, along with an eye for craft and an attention to nuance. They will work closely alongside our principal to bring each project to life, while being intimately involved in every phase of the process from beginning to end, which at times, can also include interior design. Our studio atmosphere requires a collaborative spirit, an eagerness to learn, and a willingness to engage meaningfully in the design process. Professional licensure is valued, but not required. The ability to communicate effectively both with colleagues within the studio, and with clients and contractors will be greatly beneficial.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Software fluency in Autocad, Sketchup, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Software knowledge in Enscape and Bluebeam is a plus
- Fluent rendering, modeling, and drawing skills that can be utilized for design studies and client presentations
- Foundation of experience creating drawing sets for all phases of design
- Excellent organization and communication
- Proactive, self-directed, and disciplined
- Thoughtful and clear design communication
- Flexibility and an openness toward new ways of thinking and working
- Ability to work well with others and multi-task
- The candidate must be willing to relocate or be within the Seattle area.
- We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, dental insurance, and vacation/sick/holiday pay.
- This is a full-time position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
To apply for this position, please send CV’s, PDF portfolios, and professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Studio DIAA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, pregnancy, maternity, marriage, civil partnership, citizenship, disability, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable law.