Company Website Dean Alan Architects
Dean Alan Architects is a full-service, woman-owned architecture firm founded on a commitment to leverage human-centered design to promote stronger communities and more resilient places. A small firm, we are nimble and able to take on a variety of projects simultaneously.
We are seeking a Project Architect for our Seattle Office. The Project Architect is a key member of the Dean Alan team with a wide range of responsibilities. Providing project management and working collaboratively with staff and consultants on a variety of projects, and supporting areas of growth, and client relationships.
We have experience in a wide range of project types in the commercial sector. With a strong reputation for multifamily and commercial work, DAA is looking to expand our portfolio in the healthcare and education markets. We are looking for a team member that brings strong experience in these markets and is looking to share in the continued development of them.
At Dean Alan Architects, collaboration is paramount. As a team, including all staff, we build relationships and craft architecture to support our local community. It is important to us to work toward ethical and efficient solutions for our clients, not sacrificing local values or economy.
It is important for us to keep a cohesive group dynamic. You must embrace honesty, integrity, and flexibility. Organizational skills are essential, as are creativity and drive to solve problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with staff, resources, and processes to complete assigned projects from start to finish
- Manage staff to create project documents and formulate and oversee project range, budgets, schedules, and client expectations
- Manage the processes in order to complete production of permit and construction documents and complete permit submission forms, requirements, and correction cycles
Marketing and Business Development
- Develop proposals, fees, and schedules while pursuing new projects
- Attend networking events, following up with potential clients
- Participate in business development meetings, commitments, and events
- Assist in responding to RFQ/RFPs and other marketing efforts
- Participate in professional organizations
- Oversee architectural projects from the concept phase through construction of the project, making sure that projects meet quality, schedule, contractual, and budget goals
- Coordinate a team of designers and junior architects, oversee architectural projects, evaluate existing facilities and reformulate building programs, delegate project tasks
- Establish and sustain client relations, participate in assessing and hiring consultants, participate in bid phase to help client choose general contractors
- Observe project performance and coordinate workload through the entire project to complete documents on schedule
- Organize construction documents and coordinate completion of drawings, specifications, and approval of materials and construction
- Participate in mapping out program requirements, schematic drawings and preliminary cost estimates
- Create project schedules, prepare meeting agenda/minutes, and produce field reports
- Review project drawings and documents for QA / QC
- Review project billing reports / invoices
- Review and track contractor bids
- Attend site visits and OAC meetings when needed
- Coordinate staff tasks regarding submittals and RFIs
- Attend meetings with consultants, coordinate with engineers and other consultants
- Oversee staff to keep electronic and physical project files up to date and organized
- Attend CEU lunches and product presentations
- Keep accurate records of time, submitted weekly
- Answer office phones / email
Education, Qualifications, Experience
- Registered Architect preferred
- 7+ years of diverse project experience that includes office, healthcare, retail, and education projects
- Professional Architecture degree from an accredited University
- Extensive project management experience required
- Business development experience strongly preferred
- Professional office experience required
We invite qualified candidates to send resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.