Company Website SHKS Architects
SHKS Architects is focused on the sustainable design of civic and cultural buildings and sites, translating community ideals into built form. Through collaboration, care, craft, and discovery, we reveal architecture’s inherent optimism, contributing to our local community and to the global stewardship of natural and built environments.
Our 25-person architectural practice is located in the north Lake Union/Fremont neighborhood. Current projects are a mix of public/institutional projects, including libraries, university buildings, and municipal facilities; residential, commercial, and mixed use projects.
We are currently interviewing for a full time Project Architect (40 hours/week)
Desired Qualifications and Skills include:
• A professional degree in architecture
• 4 to 10 years of professional experience
• Excellent design and communication skills: verbal, written, and graphic
• Experience with project design and documentation including: the permitting process, consultant coordination, and construction administration
• Proficiency with Revit, Enscape, Bluebeam, and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
• Technical proficiency in detailing knowledge of building systems
• Experience and interest in renovation, adaptive reuse, and preservation projects
SHKS Architects provides a supportive and creative work environment. We welcome applicants of any sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, physical ability, sexual orientation, age, and other classes protected by law. Our office provides benefits (salary, vacation, sick and safe leave, disability insurance, health insurance including vision and dental coverage), flexible hours, matching retirement, and continuing education allowance.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. 4mb maximum file size. Virtual interviews via Zoom will be conducted following review of resume and/or subsequent information.
You can visit our website at www.shksarchitects.com