Healthcare Architecture Project Manager/Project Architect
Company Website PKA Architects
Petersen Kolberg & Associates (PKA) is a regional architectural firm located in Portland, Oregon with a strong focus in the healthcare industry. We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager/Project Architect (PM/PA) who can work with our diverse healthcare client base and lead successful design and construction projects. PKA is looking for an individual who can manage projects with clients. Meaning someone comfortable working with healthcare leadership, leading design efforts with user groups, and participating in the construction delivery process.
The primary function of the PM/PA will be to lead and design and manage projects. The expectation is that this individual will be a primary contact for the client, will manage all aspects of the project design, medical planning, and construction administration, and will coordinate and lead the internal drafting and production teams. The PM/PA would possess qualifications that include:
· 7+ years of experience leading multidisciplinary teams for relevant healthcare-focused clients and facilities.
· Capability to be the PKA representative for certain clients. Experience sustaining and growing client business.
· Experience in participating on interview teams, developing RFP responses, master facility planning, program development, Lean project delivery, patient-centered design, building design & detailing, and construction administration is a plus as well.
Other minimum qualifications include:
· Extensive knowledge of medical planning and modern healthcare delivery.
· Deep understanding of Facility Guidelines Institute rules, as well as relevant NFPA codes.
· Qualified candidates must be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects, have keen attention to detail, and be able to communicate (verbally, written, and graphically) exceptionally well.
· LEED accreditation, AHP membership, EDAC, or other related activities are beneficial.
PKA is a dynamic and collaborative work environment that encourages excellence and client service. Our culture requires an individual in this position to take ownership of projects and set the tone for team participation and contribution. PKA is excited about adding talented, driven, and highly productive staff to our team!
PKA offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, and paid time off (PTO).