Architectural Senior Project Manager
Company Website Otak
Otak is looking to hire a Senior Project Manager for our Mixed-Use and transit oriented design Market Sector within our Architecture Practice. This individual will work in partnership with project teams on multifamily, mixed use, hospitality, and other mid/high rise projects. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for successfully delivering projects with a commitment to technical excellence, strong client relationships, and collaboration with the team. This position will lead all project team members to ensure the work is completed within the project schedule and budget, maintain and manage client expectations, and lead the documents throughout all phases, including the necessary design and jurisdictional reviews. If you are out of the area and interested in relocating to for this opportunity, relocation assistance may be provided. Also, no matter where you live, and consistent with Otak’s commitment to active transportation and climate-friendly policies, the successful candidate for this position may be eligible for an E-bike or signing bonus!
Otak’s Architects and Urban Designers produce enduring structures and designs. We establish places that are creative, yet practical, and modern, yet timeless. Our experts bring sustainable design and design excellence to every project, from multifamily housing and transit centers to community buildings, and everything in between.
This position may be based out of our Portland, OR or Denver, CO office location.
What you’ll do:
- Lead project teams to ensure design intent and conformance to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff; collaborate and energize the design team to develop solutions to design problems.
- Utilize problem solving skills to solve technical and design challenges, while effectively meeting deadlines.
- Work in partnership in the preparation of client presentations and present design concepts, drawings, models, etc.
- As the primary point of contact, lead the client in defining distinctions or points of clarification to achieve project goals.
- Lead project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Develop new client relationships and support the marketing and business development activities of the office.
What you bring:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Architecture or equivalent experience.
- Must have obtained architectural registration, license in Oregon and Washington a plus.
- Must have at least 10 years of professional architectural experience with at least five years of demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience around complex urban project types with competing and conflicting interests focused on mixed use, multi-family, and hospitality desired.
- Have advanced knowledge and experience of applicable zoning codes, applicable codes, and implications on design.
- Ability to plan and manage design team efforts to effectively meet deadlines and budgets.
- A general understanding of computer-aided design software such as AutoCAD and Civil3D and/or REVIT.
- Bluebeam experience preferred.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
At our core, we believe that supporting our communities begins with supporting our employees. No matter what stage you’re at in your career, we have a comprehensive total rewards program to enhance your quality of life, help support your family, and assist you in achieving your personal and professional goals. Otak employees enjoy competitive salaries; no-cost medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; a 401(k)-retirement match that is 100% vested immediately; Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual based on your industry experience rather than your seniority plus 9 paid holidays per year; a commuter allowance (based on your office location); support for your professional registration and/or certification fees; and much more!
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
What is it really like to work at Otak? Watch this short video: Our Why
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
Otak is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. The Equal Opportunity policy at Otak, Inc. provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, nation origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status or disability or any other status(es) protected by law. Otak ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and mandatory supplements to EEO (revisions).
At Otak, we recognize that inclusion is a practice and we are determined to lead our industry by embedding that practice into our work. Cultivating an inclusive workplace environment is ongoing and consistent work, requiring dedication and commitment from every member of the organization. This commitment is reflected in Otak’s promise to significantly increase employee diversity, impact the communities in which we work, and establish ongoing relationships within these communities.
Otak’s Vision for an Inclusive Environment includes the following:
- We embrace diverse identities, and willingly engage across difference.
- All employees can experience the workplace safely and show up as their authentic selves.
- Fostering unique perspectives and an open exchange of ideas.
- Engaging one another with curiosity rather than judgment.
- Relationships are built on mutual trust, dignity, and respect.
If you are a minority, veteran, person with a disability, or a member of the LGBTQA Community, we strongly encourage and welcome you to apply to any open position of interest. If you want to learn more about Otak, this position, or the company’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, contact our Human Resources Department at GRPHumanResources@otak.com.