Company Website Christopher Jones Architects
Christopher Jones Architects is a Seattle-based design firm founded on the belief that all buildings should be thoughtfully designed, well crafted, sustainable, and bring satisfaction to their owners. Our focus is to provide the best homes to our clients and community, be it mixed-use, apartments, townhomes, or individual residences.
To help us achieve these goals and handle our growing office, we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic person to join our team as an office manager.
In a small office, each person plays an important part in the culture of the firm, bringing their own humor, passions, and unique life stories. Finding a personality that is a good fit into our “work family” is as important to us as your experience and skills. Please be prepared to talk with us about this part of your personal journey just as much as your work history.
When it comes to considering the skills needed for this role, we understand that everyone brings a wide range of talents to the table. However, to help focus our search we’re currently looking for the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program, or eight or more years of equivalent work experience in bookkeeping, business operations, facilities management, and administration best practices.
- Experience in A/E/C firms preferred.
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills, and strong decision-making abilities.
- MS Office proficiency and Notary license required.
Everyone likes to know what will be expected of them. To aid in that understanding, the following describes the essential responsibilities of the role:
- Review existing accounting practices for compliance with best practices
- Setup new projects and budgets in QuickBooks
- Review staff timesheets for accuracy and track PTO usage
- Prepare client invoices & review with PM’s prior to sending
- Process accounts receivable & payable and track collections
- Balance checking and credit accounts monthly
- Track employee reimbursables
- Assist principal in developing and monitoring the annual budget
- Coordinate with accountant on quarterly and end-of-year tax planning
- Assist staff with benefits and provider issues
- Identify and coordinate continuing education opportunities for the staff
- Maintain the employee manual
- Document & coordinate employee onboarding & termination efforts
- Track staff birthdays & work anniversaries
- Help plan and facilitate occasional office social events
Office Administration & Design Team Support:
- Welcome clients, directing them to appropriate staff
- Answer main phone line, filter out marketing calls, and direct calls to staff
- Maintain the firm’s shared contact directory
- Keep business cards, stationary, and signage current
- Track inventory and order office supplies and equipment
- Set up new project files on the server and firm management software
- Coordinate vendor services from IT support, reprographics, maintenance, and janitorial staff
- Recommend and implement office procedures as necessary
- Maintain the Office & CAD Standards manuals.
- Work with staff to keep the product library current
- Prepare and distribute AIA owner/architect agreements in coordination with the principal
- Track status of projects at building departments and schedule appointments as needed
- Keep Project Planning Matrix updated, and work with PM’s to keep project schedules current
While not essential to the role, the ability to help prepare and maintain the firms marketing resources would be valuable, and could include:
- Update website when needed in Squarespace.
- Assist in preparing printed marketing materials & outreach
- Coordinate community outreach efforts for design review projects.
- Maintain social media accounts, post projects and firm updates.
Salary & Benefits
We value hard work but realize it is best achieved through flexibility. Schedules are flexible to meet your needs, provided there is enough overlap with other staff to get the work done. Additionally, everyone is provided a laptop and remote network access for the ability to work from home when needed. Our office is located downtown on the 14th floor of the Medical Dental Building, which affords us nice views, a lot of sunshine, great dining & shopping options, easy access to transit, secure bike parking, an on-site gym, showers, locker room, laundry & dry-cleaning facilities, package delivery, and an indoor garden space for a quiet getaway or lunches.
Salaries are competitive with the marketplace and based on the experience level of each candidate. In addition to the common benefits described above, individual benefits at the firm include:
- Fully paid low-deductible medical, dental, and vision insurance, including a small life insurance policy
- Three weeks of paid time off combining vacation and sick leave
- Nine paid holidays
- Ten hours of paid professional development time
- A flexible transportation subsidy, allowing for use with transit or parking
- Participation in annual bonuses based on individual performance and firm profitability
Hiring at CJA is equal opportunity, and not based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. To be considered for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.