Human Resources Director
Company Website Mithun
Our design has purpose—to create positive change in people’s lives. Mithun is rooted in a culture of constant curiosity paired with a spirit of optimism and promise. You, our HR Director, is an integral part of that team, both a leader and a hand’s-on contributor for the Human Resources functions at the firm. You are a strategic partner, championing equity, culture, high performance and happy teams through a proactive growth mindset focused on positive impact. With offices in Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles, you lead a team of one to two HR team members while partnering with leadership to support an integrated design culture at our firm of 180 architects, interior designers, landscape architects, urban designers, planners, and team of other professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Talent Acquisition, Onboarding and Retention: Design and implement strategies to attract, hire, and retain dynamic talent.
- Compensation and Benefits: Manage, and evolve, and maintain programs.
- Professional Development: Oversee professional development program, guide and coach managers and staff on how to have productive, actionable conversations with strong mentorship and goal setting outcomes.
- Employee Engagement/Relations: Be a trusted advisor and resource for all levels of the organization, nurture culture and be proactive with conflict resolution.
- Firm Programs/Initiatives: Support JEDI, JUST, and mentorship and continue to support growth of diversity within our team.
- Compliance: Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- Technology: Utilize and expand technology tools to support efficiency in HR duties.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other teams within the office including Marketing, Accounting, IT and Operations.
- Champion: Be a champion who plays an integral part in defining and evolving the future of our workplace.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS degree required
- 10+ years of human resource experience with cross-functional HR expertise
- SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired
- Experience in AEC or professional services is ideal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws and regulations, in particular CA and WA
- Proficiency with MS Office, HRIS and talent management systems
We are an internationally recognized leader in planning and design, with a focus on sustainable performance, human health and social equity. Mithun has been recognized with diverse national awards including six AIA Committee on the Environment Top Ten Awards, is a JUST organization and is ranked among the top firms in the nation by Architect magazine.
We embrace justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) as key expressions of our mission of Design for Positive Change. We are committed to promoting JEDI both internally and externally, in our firm culture, project work and partnerships. Our goal is not just good intentions but real impact for the people, communities and clients we serve.
Visit http://mithun.com/people/careers/for more information and to submit your resume and cover letter. Mithun is an Equal Opportunity Employer.