In-House Lead Architect and Design Manager
Company Website Method Homes
Method Homes is seeking an In-House Lead Architect and Design Manager to support our growing construction business. The position is located out of either our Seattle or Ferndale office with an opportunity to work from home some of the time. Method Homes builds and sells architect designed, sustainably built, prefabricated homes.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a growing and dynamic company that strives to add innovation to the way buildings are built and sold. This position combines designing new models and preparing drawings for them, the ability to create renderings of designs, design work on custom projects, developing standard details for our factory and coordination and refinement of plans created by our architect partners.
We are seeking someone who can be creative, with a point of view and specific design perspective but that can be flexible and work within other styles/constraints as well.
Must be energetic, professional, articulate, and knowledgeable of residential design and construction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design new series and develop deliverables including renderings and other marketing materials
- Lead architecture process from schematic design to construction documents on custom projects directly with clients and with our team
- Manage architecture process and QA from schematic design to construction documents on projects with our architect partners
- Manage and grow in house design team and outsourced architecture partners
- QA and management of current Method in house design team plan production
- Zoning and code research
- Creation of permit submittal packages and calculations for energy code forms
- Develop standard detail library for the factory
- Work closely with VP of Sales and Design to provide schematic designs for potential custom projects
- Interface between clients, other architects and engineers
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Must be licensed architect in Washington
- Deep and thorough knowledge of design, residential construction, drafting, and rendering
- Knowledge of interiors, finishes and color palettes
- Minimum of 3+ years previous architecture experience, with knowledge of home building industry and green building
- Professional presentation and people skills and ability to work directly with clients
- Ability to work in Revit, Vectorworks, or Archicad
- LEED AP beneficial
- Experience and understanding of design/home building process
- A strong work ethic
- Strong organizational and communication skills with both clients and teammates
Method Homes offers a full benefit package. Compensation DOE. Please respond to posting with resume and cover letter. No phone calls or drop ins please.