Company Website Method Homes
Method Homes is seeking an In-House Architect to support our growing construction business. The position is located out of our Seattle or Ferndale office with an opportunity to work from home some of the time. Method Homes builds and sells architect designed, sustainably built prefabricated homes.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a growing and dynamic company that strives to add innovation to the way buildings are built and sold. This position combines designing new models and preparing drawings for them, the ability to create renderings of designs, design work on custom projects, developing standard details for our factory and some drafting of MEP layouts for plans generated by others. We are seeking someone who can be creative, with a unique and independent point of view and specific design perspective, but that can be flexible and work within other styles/constraints as well.
Must be energetic, aggressive, professional, articulate, and knowledgeable of residential design and construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design new series and develop deliverables including renderings and other marketing materials
- Lead architecture process from schematic design to construction documents on custom projects directly with clients and with our team
- Some drafting of MEP drawings for state submittals
- Zoning and code research
- Creation of permit submittal packages and calculations for energy code forms
- Develop standard detail library for the factory
- Work closely with Sales Coordinator to provide schematic designs for potential custom projects
- Interface between clients, other architects and engineers
- Coordination with outside architects and engineers
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Deep and thorough knowledge of design, residential construction, drafting, and rendering
- Knowledge of interiors, finishes, and color palettes
- Minimum of 3+ years previous architecture experience, with knowledge of home building industry and green building
- Professional presentation and people skills and ability to work directly with clients
- Ability to work in Revit, Vectorworks, Archicad or similar design platform
- LEED AP beneficial
- Experience and understanding of design/home building process
- A strong work ethic
- Strong organizational and communication skills with both clients and teammates
Method Homes offers a full benefits package. Compensation DOE. Please respond to posting with resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.