Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Company Website McLennan Design Inc.
We are looking for a world-class executive assistant to support our CEO and transformative company working on the world’s greenest projects! Do you have the organizational and interpersonal skills to help us make a difference in the world?
McLennan Design is a mission-based, highly collaborative, and dynamic team of professionals focused on merging design, building performance, and research in pursuit of a healthier planet. Our work consists of architecture, urban design and interiors, sustainability consulting, and industrial design projects (domestic and abroad) and focuses on ‘deep green’ regenerative design projects that make a difference in the world.
The firm is anchored by Jason F. McLennan, founder of the International Living Future Institute, and partners Christine Lintott and Dale Duncan, with a combined vision to integrate environmental and social regeneration through net zero, living building, and socially just works. The ideal candidate should have passion, commitment, and enthusiasm for these broad concerns and be equally capable to explore them.
The offices of McLennan Design, Inc are located in the City of Bainbridge Island, Washington, Kansas City, Missouri, and in the City of Victoria, British Columbia. Prospective candidates for this executive assistant position will work closely with the firm partners and will be required to be located in the Seattle area with travel to Bainbridge Island a few times a week (post-COVID).
The executive assistant provides a primary role in supporting Jason F. McLennan, the Chief Executive Officer for McLennan Design. Responsibilities include administrative tasks specific to assisting the CEO in the performance of leadership duties. Some administrative tasks will be provided in support of the other firm leaders, but this position is specifically as an executive assistant to the CEO. The responsibilities are further defined as follows:
• Manage the CEO’s schedule and calendar to keep the executive informed and up to date.
• Coordinate meetings and events for the CEO and coordinate all internal and external meeting requests with the executive’s calendar.
• Manage and secure travel arrangements for the CEO and all firm employees, in collaboration with a travel agency.
• Provide support to the CEO for the preparation of letters, memorandums, or other correspondence.
• Manage a firm-wide master contact list and database for clients and vendors.
• Provide assistance to the CEO for recruitment and candidate screening.
• Provide assistance to the CEO with time and expense reporting.
• Provide notary services for the firm.
• Provide a first contact for individuals coming into the office or calling the firm; screening visitors and calls.
• Provide administrative tasks for specific projects, including scheduling or various reporting or project filing requirements.
• Provide minor business development support as needed.
• Provide minor accounting support, including A/P and A/R functions.
The executive assistant must have exceptional interpersonal abilities, and a strong balance of technical, business and communication skills. The executive assistant will need to be extremely detail-oriented and be able to prioritize and manage a very complex and challenging workflow process for the CEO. The executive assistant will need to exercise good judgment, show initiative, and be proactive in the performance of all administrative tasks. The highest standards of ethics and confidentiality will be required when handling sensitive information.
A passion for the firm’s mission of helping the planet through design is a must. The executive assistant should embody a high degree of professionalism and discretion as this role will often be the first interface for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leadership: The executive assistant must encourage and participate in firm-wide collaboration about issues related to the firm culture.
• Monitor Quality: The executive assistant is responsible to ensure that the quality of the reporting or other administrative documentation will fully meet the firm’s standards as defined by the leadership.
• Client Interaction: The executive assistant must have the ability to interact comfortably and confidentially with clients, consultants, and other project members and cultivate and maintain positive relationships. They must have demonstrated the ability to understand and respect the values and objectives of clients, as well as their goals and constraints.
• Office Culture: The executive assistant must work together with leadership to foster innovation, creativity, and collaboration in ways that create the best possible environment for effective and creative project design and delivery. They must work to build trust and team cooperation among office staff.
• Organization: The executive assistant must have the ability to organize fast-paced and quickly changing information and bring it forward to keep the CEO and other firm leaders apprised of new requirements and further evaluation.
• Research: The executive assistant may support project efforts with research and information gathering.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education
This executive assistant role requires experience providing executive support to a CEO. Previous experience in an executive administrative position must be presented with references.
Experience in the architecture, environmental or sustainable design industry is preferred, but not a mandatory requirement. The Executive Assistant should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong spreadsheet and work process skills are required. Experience working with Dropbox, Word, Excel, Power Point, and MS Outlook are critical. The executive assistant should be comfortable working with PC and Apple products, and the interface between the software systems. Knowledge of other software programs including Deltek Ajera, Acrobat Pro, and InDesign are a benefit, but are not mandatory.
This executive assistant should have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in this specific role, post- graduation.
If this sounds like you, it could be fate, we should talk! For more details and to apply, contact us at email@example.com
McLennan Design Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you.