Company Website Coates Design Architects
Coates Design Architects and Interiors
Coates Design, a leading Northwest architecture firm, has an opportunity for a talented Marketing Specialist. Coates Design is a 14-person architectural firm located on Bainbridge Island near Seattle, Washington. The firm provides professional design services for commercial, civic, residential and healthcare projects throughout the United States. Our firm shares a deep belief that architecture, when executed thoughtfully, builds community and contributes to the fiber that elevates and holds society together.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a creative and self-motivated team member who thrives on all multiple aspects of marketing including business development, communication, brand management, writing, public relations and social media outreach. We’re seeking a qualified specialist to extend our reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. You will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help build proposals to win business in the highly competitive RFP process. As a key team member, you will work directly with company leadership and colleagues to manage day-to-day marketing activities while also helping shape the firm’s long-term marketing strategy.
We are “out-of-the-box” thinkers and welcome candidates who approach challenges creatively and efficiently.
Marketing Specialist Primary Responsibilities:
· Generate new leads, identify and contact decision makers, screen potential business opportunities and lead and facilitate pitch logistics
· Manage proposal response process, including content creation, strategy and team development
· Manage existing pipeline and new business development opportunities
· Manage social media marketing and outreach
· Perform market and project-specific research
· Produce new and engaging content for the company website, brochures, blogs, social media and more
· Produce company marketing materials, including brochures, resumes, project sheets
· Proofread and edit all marketing materials with an eye for accuracy and consistent use of company standards and branding
· Identify speaking opportunities and award submittals and coordinate them
· Support the coordination and preparation for marketing-related functions such as meetings, conventions/trade shows, special events, and campaigns
· Develop, measure, and report on performance of marketing efforts against company goals
· Hire and manage vendors as needed, such as graphic designers, videographers, and other consultants
Marketing Specialist Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or equivalent field of study
· Strong writing, editing, and communication skills with an eye for design
· Minimum of three years’ experience in the architecture, engineering, and construction industry
· Experience developing qualification and proposal submittals
· Experience developing long-term marketing strategies and tactics
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and social media and website platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, WordPress, etc.)
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
· Strong time management skills and proven experience delivering projects under deadline
We are an equal opportunity employer and recognize the value of a diverse workforce, therefore all qualified individuals will be considered for employment.