Company Website schemata workshop | architecture & urban design
schemata workshop is an architecture and urban design practice seeking a marketing coordinator to provide administrative and marketing support to our 12-person studio located in capitol hill, seattle. the studio is focused on improving livability in our communities and enhancing social connections through our work, with an overarching commitment to a healthy stewardship of the environment. we are looking for someone for whom that resonates, and is excited about joining a collaborative team.
marketing: assist in preparing materials for project presentations, SOQs and workshops; documents current project construction; assists in creating new content for web and social media; supports marketing efforts of principals and associates; attends open houses, networking events, and marketing events as needed; maintains and updates marketing materials; creates and coordinates production and distribution of holiday cards and other marketing giveaways.
cohousing: schemata workshop is an internationally acclaimed expert in the design of these socially-connected communities. responsibilities of the marketing coordinator include maintaining cohousing contact and mailing list; provides ongoing assistance to cohousing promotional efforts (receives, sorts, and forwards emails, responds to emails, schedules meetings, manages Eventbrite tours/events.) the office is located on the ground floor of a 5-story cohousing community designed and developed by two of the principals at schemata workshop. general overview of the building is here, with much more on our website.
office hospitality: answers phones; accepts packages; greets visitors to the office; sorts/distributes mail and packages; coordinates deliveries and couriers; sets up/breaks down conference room before and after meetings; organizes off-site storage unit; assists staff in organizing and filing of drawings and graphic materials. all of this is occurring virtually during the pandemic, but anticipate being in-person in 2022. the office computer network is entirely in the cloud, so all staff use a “virtual machine” which gives them access to all necessary software and tools, while operating with some of the best available technology in our industry.
office administration: schedules meetings and maintains meeting calendar; assists with travel arrangements for meetings, tours, and conferences; assists with meeting and conference registration; provides copy-editing and copy-writing assistance; maintains off-site archives; updates/enters office contact list, organizes and maintains materials and reference libraries.
· associates/bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, English, architecture, graphic design, or other related field desired, plus 1-2 years of professional office experience OR 2-4 years of professional office experience.
· proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), familiarity with Sharepoint, OneNote
· proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
· adept with online web interface tools (Squarespace, Facebook, Instagram)
· strong organizational and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail
· excellent verbal and written communication skills
· strong editing and proofreading skills
· experience with graphic design and layouts
· ability to prioritize and track long-term goals
· ability to work well both independently and cooperatively with team members at all levels within the studio
· ability to think creatively and strategically
please see www.schemataworkshop.com for firm profile and more detailed project range. we take pride in our culture of transparency, mentorship, and collaboration. pay is competitive, and compensation includes medical-dental-vision coverage, an ORCA pass, professional development stipend, and retirement plan matching.
email resume to email@example.com