Company Website Mahlum Architects
Mahlum is a community of practice which envisions a world where healthy human and environmental systems thrive. Stand with Us.
In our firms’ collective work, which ranges from community, cultural, healthcare, K-12, and higher education facilities, we value inclusiveness and strive to nurture underrepresented voices in our collaborative engagement. Mahlum fully embraces architectural principles and practices that respect the earth, show reverence for nature’s life-giving force, and support learning opportunities connected to the environment. We take seriously the responsibility to use resources wisely, selecting locally made products, designing low-impact building systems, and demanding resource conservation for all project types. Come join us.
We have a new opportunity to join our marketing team in either our Portland or Seattle location making a critical impact to our success and our communities. We are looking for a talented and focused writer/graphic layout specialist to join our marketing team focused specifically on proposals! In this brand-new role, you will research and investigate the needs of the client expressed in RFQs, RPFs, and other solicitation materials, and craft captivating narratives and graphics that communicate Mahlum’s message to respond. This is an exciting chance to collaborate across the entire firm, guiding and supporting our pursuit teams in the collaborative response effort.
- Analyze solicitation requirements and prepare proposal plan, including required components (biographies, narrative, graphics, etc.), outlining tasks, schedules, and responsibilities
- Ability to create graphics that communicate and support written content
- Develop response summaries and pursuit materials that articulate our strategic messaging in a compelling and persuasive manner
- Engage with pursuit teams, participating in meetings and in one-on-one contact, posing questions that ensure all aspects of the client’s position have been considered and addressed, to draw out essential messaging
- Translate technical and business language into clear, consistent, and grammatically correct content
- Capture, form, and synthesize information to reflect a cohesive message, written in one voice
- Assist with tracking and inputting opportunities into database for weekly meetings
- Participate in regular marketing team & strategy meetings
- Attend pre-proposal meetings and debriefings
- Update & maintain the marketing department’s documentation and databases (i.e., resumes, project portfolios, photos, references, licenses and certifications, project history, etc.)
- Assist with other business development/marketing functions, as necessary
- Prioritize workload with deadline-driven responsibilities
- At least 3 years-experience writing proposals, in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- A minimum of 5 years-experience writing professionally
- High proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent command of English grammar, spelling, and composition, both written and verbal
- Exceptional project management capabilities
- Self-directed professional with strong interpersonal and client-service skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to effectively interface with employees and leaders at all levels within the firm
- Strong attention to detail, including proofreading and editing skills
- Experience in WordPress, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Experience in knowledge management and database interfaces i.e. Deltek preferred
- Experience in the architectural, interiors, engineering, and or constructions industries
- Enthusiasm for the built environment and sustainable building practices
Mahlum has a culture committed to sustainability, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. As an organization committed to projects that benefit our communities, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We recognize the power a diverse workforce brings to our organization and support a positive and welcoming environment.
Starting annual hiring salary range is targeted between $66,000 – $85,000. Please note that with pay equity analysis, starting salary is based the experience stated on your resume/application. Mahlum employees are eligible for annual discretionary bonus compensation in addition to salary.
Mahlum provides our employees with comprehensive benefits including 100% paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance costs, 401k plan with immediate employer matching, PTO available upon hire, annual continuing education stipends, paid membership dues & licensing costs. Mahlum supports staff in choices such as matching charitable donations, providing paid volunteer time, providing financial support for commuting to work by public transit, bicycle, walking, or carpool. We are committed to an ongoing hybrid flexible work environment where our staff have in-office and work-from-home options. Mahlum participates in the JUST Label transparency program.
All applicants must live and work in one of Mahlum’s communities (Portland metro/Seattle metro) and be legally authorized to work in the United States. Come join us.