Architectural Project Manager
Company Website Mahlum Architects
Mahlum is a community of practice which envisions a world where healthy human and environmental systems thrive. Stand with Us.
In our firms’ collective work, which ranges from community, cultural, healthcare, K-12, and higher education facilities, we value inclusiveness and strive to nurture underrepresented voices in our collaborative engagement. Mahlum fully embraces architectural principles and practices that respect the earth, show reverence for nature’s life-giving force, and support learning opportunities connected to the environment. We take seriously the responsibility to use resources wisely, selecting locally made products, designing low-impact building systems, and demanding resource conservation for all project types. Come join us.
Our Project Managers are a primary point of contact for our clients, along with facilitating and collaborating with the project design team. This multifaceted role requires excellent design perspective with balanced business judgement. We have opportunities in our Portland and Seattle Studios for individuals who love it when a plan comes together.
- Manage projects on all levels from planning and design through construction administration
- Provide primary client contact
- Manage coordination with partners, vendors, consultants
- Collaborate and provide facilitation for design teams
- Manage budgets and invoices
- Guide the project team through programming, conceptual design, and provide support through construction administration
- Participate in staffing and coordinating resources across the firm
- An experienced architect with eight (8) or more years of firm experience
- Licensed, preferably in Oregon or Washington
- Experienced with client and contractor relationships
- Experienced with the higher education or K-12 markets
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Skilled Revit, MS Excel, Adobe CS, Deltek Vision
Mahlum has a culture committed to sustainability, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. As an organization committed to projects that benefit our communities, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We recognize the power a diverse workforce brings to our organization and support a positive and welcoming environment.
Starting annual salary ranges are targeted at the Design IV ($80,000 – $102,000) or Design V ($90,000 – $120,000) hiring range. Please note that with pay equity analysis, starting salary is based the experience stated on your resume/application. Mahlum employees are eligible for annual discretionary bonus compensation in addition to salary.
Mahlum provides our employees with comprehensive benefits including 100% paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance costs, 401k plan with immediate employer matching, PTO available upon hire, annual continuing education stipends, paid membership dues & licensing costs. Mahlum supports staff in choices such as matching charitable donations, providing paid volunteer time, providing financial support for commuting to work by public transit, bicycle, walking, or carpool. We are committed to an ongoing hybrid flexible work environment where our staff have in-office and work-from-home options. Mahlum participates in the JUST Label transparency program.
All applicants must live and work in one of Mahlum’s communities (Portland metro/Seattle metro) and be legally authorized to work in the United States. Come join us.