Landscape Designer II
Company Website GGLO
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks Landscape Designer II for our Seattle, Boise or Los Angeles location to support our growth in multiple locations, disciplines, markets, and project types.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design. With offices in Los Angeles, Seattle, and Boise, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation. We create projects which are visionary, contextually appropriate, and culturally resonant.
About the Role
To support the project team in the completion of project analysis through completion in accordance with established goals and scope. To work and collaborate with all team members in an effective and efficient manner and work under the direction of and in partnership with key project team members (Principal in charge, Project Manager, Project Designer, Technical Lead, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare project documents for meetings, presentations, and submittals
• Incorporate redlines in a thorough and proactive manner
• Understand and follow GGLO’s standards of project documentation
• Model and draw accurately based on scope and phase of a project
• Proactive in completing assigned tasks within deadlines on multiple concurrent projects
• Develop and maintain proficiency with graphic software to effectively convey design intent
• Develop and maintain proficiency with documentation software to effectively produce coherent design and construction documentation
• Review task list for assignments and be proactive, taking the initiative to tackle tasks and challenges
Professional Knowledge & Experience
• Experience in our core markets
• General knowledge of sustainable design core concepts including material and plant selection, resource conservation, and synergies with other disciplines
• Experience with the production of Design Communication packages
• General knowledge of the phases of the design process and construction
• Capable of overseeing own work with some oversight
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible
• Experience with being a part of a collaborative, integrated team structure for all phases of work
• Ability to explore design three-dimensionally
• General knowledge of materials and detailing, specifications
• General knowledge and understanding of standards, codes, accessibility requirements
• Knowledge of computer software including Revit, Rhino, SketchUp, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Cloud
• LEED accreditation preferred
• Working toward licensure
• College Degree from an accredited Landscape Architecture program or equivalent
• Three or more years of cumulative experience in a professional design or Landscape Architecture office setting
• Proven history of excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to hand sketch to communicate design concepts
• Authorized to work in the United States
We offer an exciting team-oriented design environment where employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment.
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com to apply or click the Apply button if visible. We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.