Interior Designer (Medical / Dental focus)
Company Website JPC Architects LLC
JPC Architects is seeking an Interior Designer to support the design team focusing on medical and dental office projects of varying size and complexity.
We are the leading corporate interiors and architecture firm in the Pacific Northwest. Here at JPC, we think outside the box and challenge norms to create attractive, innovative, cohesive spaces that exceed our clients’ expectations. Our collective team of architects, interior designers, and technical staff is committed to excellent client service and superior design.
- Collaborating with the project team to complete full design packages from programming through construction administration
- Developing space plans that are thoughtful, creative, viable and meet the client’s goals and aesthetic
- Completing site verifications and site surveys
- Selecting finish palettes, feature lighting options and designing architectural details that translate the design intent within the space.
- Creating and presenting Schematic Design and Design Development presentations
- Preparing comprehensive Reflected Ceiling and Lighting plans including selection of lighting specifications
- Preparing full sets of permit and construction documents
- • Assist in the document submittal process for permit intake and coordination with AHJs
- Participating in, and at times, lead client and internal project meetings
- Providing ancillary furniture, artwork and accessories recommendations that are cohesive with the project design intent.
- Participating in construction submittal reviews, RFI responses and field walks during project construction
- Assisting project managers and project team members on a variety of miscellaneous tasks to support a successful project outcome.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- 5+ years of experience in the design and construction of commercial interior architecture spaces, with a primary focus on medical and dental projects
- Knowledge and experience working with building codes and regulations
- Initiative, attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to interpret and incorporate abstract concepts into concise, accurate drawings and details
- Ability to effectively communicate design ideas and direction verbally and visually
- Strong documentation and field observation skills
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with coworkers, clients and other key stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines for multiple, fast-paced projects
- Strong graphic and visualization skills Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign
We have celebrated over 30 years in business, growing to a staff of 68 talented team members. At JPC, you can expect to find a dynamic, fun, and creative environment. Our culture fosters collaboration and the pursuit of fresh ideas.
We work hard and have fun doing it. Not only will you find us creating amazing designs for our clients, you’ll also find us celebrating staff birthdays and anniversaries, giving back to our community, working out together at our onsite gym, enjoying happy hours, and coming together as a team to reach our goals.
To find out more what it’s like to work at JPC, check us out on Instagram.
JPC offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including hybrid/flexible work schedules, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and more.
Please apply online at www.jpcarchitects.com/careers.