Company Website DAHLIN
DAHLIN is a growing architecture and planning firm of 160+ multi-cultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently seeking an ARCHITECTURAL JOB CAPTAIN to join our team in our BELLEVUE, WA office. Working under the guidance of a senior project team member, this person will be responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned major project, or several small projects, including the investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meets the client’s needs.
- Provide professional architectural consultation from the end of Design Development through building permit submittal and Construction Administration
- Apply advanced architectural concepts and designs
- Review drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Monitor budgets and schedules and maintain project documentation
- Submit reports and specifications as requested
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients, outside consultants and technical staff
- Supervision of technical staff and redlining others’ work may be required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Proficient in building codes, understanding different product types and how the code determines how the buildings are constructed
- Strong skills in production of construction drawings, start to finish required
- Strong skills and talent in SketchUp modeling, AutoCAD, and Revit/BIM; Adobe Design Suite experience preferred
- Experience working in construction phases of projects
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team environment to coordinate with other design professionals
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow through
- Excellent graphic, communication, organizational, and collaborative skills
- Able to effectively and positively provide direction and lead architectural staff
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATION:
- 3+ years’ experience, with at least 1 year as a job captain required
- Graduate of a NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year architecture school
- Commitment to their own professional growth; preferably to obtaining licensure as an architect
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any restrictions or visa sponsorship.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We’ll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
In response to COVID-19, DAHLIN follows all COVID-19 mandates, including health screenings, vaccinations and masking indoors as required.