Interior Design Lead
Company Website Jackson Main Architecture
Jackson | Main Architecture (JMA) is a diverse, thriving, and energetic architecture and interior design firm with industry-leading employee benefits and a focus on integrity and collaboration. We aspire to enhance the built environment through design and allow people to live and work smarter.
We are seeking a motivated Interior Design Lead who approaches projects in a proactive, enthusiastic manner. Our ideal candidate will have a strong desire to mentor and grow the interior design team in our target markets (Retail, Multi-family, Workplace, Industrial, and Healthcare). The Interior Design Lead will be responsible for managing teams on small to large scale projects, from tenant improvements to new construction.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Initiate design, manage project phases, manage budgets and interior design staff
- Participate in project pursuits and interiors marketing efforts
- Work directly with Principal in Charge on interior design aspects of projects
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with client group and design team
- Maintain quality and accuracy of project documents
- Provide leadership and mentorship to interior design staff
Required Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Professional degree: bachelor’s or master’s degree in interior design or a related field
- NCIDQ or Architectural Licensure
- Experience in tenant improvements, multi-family, commercial, and/or medical sectors
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite
- Min. 7-10 years of professional experience in an architectural or interior design office
- Strong commitment to client satisfaction
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Space-planning methodologies, residential unit design, interior detailing skills are essential
- Strong knowledge of fixture & furnishings
- Strong knowledge of building systems, code, and ADA requirements
- Strong organizational, project, and team management skills
- Must have a high level of creativity and curiosity, and a desire to mentor team members
- Occasional travel will be required
- LEED Certification
- Experience in client outreach and business development
If you are ready to create a better world through design, send us your resume and representative work samples for evaluation. We look forward to welcoming you into the JMA family!
JMA offers competitive wages based on skills and experience. Our industry-leading benefits package includes Paid Time Off; 8 paid holidays; full medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance; accreditation reimbursement; 401K with matching; an unlimited Orca card; and many other paid perks.
Jackson | Main Architecture is a full-spectrum design firm centered on client satisfaction. Founded in 2015 when two Seattle architecture firms merged, JMA focuses our time and talents on architecture, master planning, and interior design for a broad range of clients within the industrial, commercial, residential, retail, mission-critical, institutional, healthcare, and workplace sectors.
JMA is working 75% remotely until full return to the office is allowed, at which point this position will be located at our physical office in Seattle (Pioneer Square). Note that our office has an unavoidable staircase – all applicants must be able to manage two flights of stairs. To keep our employees as safe as possible, we are requiring masks for both employees and visitors to our office. Social-distancing measures are in effect, and additional cleaning/sanitizing supplies and procedures are in place.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States upon hire.