Interior Design – Intermediate Designer
Company Website Jackson Main Architecture
Jackson | Main Architecture (JMA) is a diverse, thriving, and energetic architecture and interior design firm with industry-leading employee benefits and a focus on integrity and collaboration. We aspire to enhance the built environment through design and allow people to live and work smarter.
We are seeking a motivated Interior Designer who approaches projects in a proactive, enthusiastic manner with a strong desire to learn and grow in an atmosphere of open communication and collaboration. Responsibilities include initiating smaller projects and supporting larger projects in JMA target markets including Retail, Multi-family, Workplace, and Healthcare.
Our ideal prospective team member possesses solid research and communications skills, excels at multi-tasking, and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while remaining focused on quality and accuracy. This team member will be responsible for design support and document production through all project phases (programming, pricing, permitting, and construction documentation).
Required Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Professional degree: bachelor’s or master’s degree in Interior Design or related architectural design, construction, or engineering (A/E/C) field
- NCIDQ or equivalent is preferred
- Min. 3-5 years of professional experience in an architectural or interior design firm
- Experience in multi-family, commercial, and/or medical sectors
- Space-planning and multi-family unit design skills are essential
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD
- Strong commitment to client satisfaction
- Effective communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in SketchUp, Rhino, and other industry-related software systems
- Experience in preparing renderings for design intent, presentations, and client marketing collateral
- Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop
If you are ready to create a better world through design, send us your resume and representative work samples for evaluation. We look forward to welcoming you into the JMA family!
JMA offers competitive wages based on skills and experience. Our industry-leading benefits package includes Paid Time Off; 8 paid holidays; full medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance; accreditation reimbursement; 401K with matching; an unlimited Orca card; and many other paid perks.
Jackson | Main Architecture is a full-spectrum design firm centered on client satisfaction. Founded in 2015 when two Seattle architecture firms merged, JMA focuses our time and talents on architecture, master planning, and interior design for a broad range of clients within the industrial, commercial, residential, retail, mission-critical, institutional, healthcare, and workplace sectors.
JMA is working 75% remotely until full return to the office is allowed, at which point this position will be located at our physical office in Seattle (Pioneer Square). Note that our office has an unavoidable staircase – all applicants must be able to manage two flights of stairs. To keep our employees as safe as possible, we are requiring masks for both employees and visitors to our office. Social-distancing measures are in effect, and additional cleaning/sanitizing supplies and procedures are in place.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States upon hire.