Intermediate Designer- Helping People Live and Work Smarter
Company Website Jackson Main Architecture
Jackson | Main Architecture (JMA) is a diverse, thriving, and energetic architecture and interior design firm with industry-leading employee benefits and a focus on integrity and collaboration. We aspire to enhance the built environment through design, helping people to live and work smarter.
We are seeking Intermediate Designers who approach projects in a proactive, enthusiastic manner and are ready to meet architectural design challenges in our target markets (Retail, Multi-family, Workplace, Industrial, and Healthcare). Our ideal team members continually add value while developing design and documentation skills in a creative professional services environment. Responsibilities include supporting design teams with project and code research, condition assessment, stakeholder and site investigation, design, document production, permit support, and construction administration. Successful candidates will also assist in tracking work plans and budgets, maintain production resources, and cross-train in other focus market areas.
The JMA team excels at multi-tasking and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while remaining focused on quality and accuracy. We possess a passion for design and believe in a healthy work/life balance. We like dogs, bikes, our clients, and each other. We have a weekly happy hour (online until Covid restrictions end)!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the production and coordination of feasibility, pricing, permitting, and construction documentation packages
- Perform code compliance and site research
- Produce design and construction drawings under direct supervision of Project
- Assist in schematic design, coordinate with consultants, and perform construction administration services
- Maintain organized project files and correspondence
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Professional degree: bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture
- 1-4 years of professional experience in an architectural office
- Proficiency in developing neat, clean, legible documents and drawings with Revit and AutoCAD
- Experience in multi-family, industrial, commercial, and/or medical sectors
- Strong written and verbal communication, research and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Drive to exceed client expectations in a manner benefitting the client, JMA, and our community
- Must be a self-starter, able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Must have a high level of creativity, natural curiosity, and a willingness to learn
- Occasional travel may be required
- Experience in preparing renderings for feasibility studies, design guidance, and presentations
- Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop
- On the path to Architectural Licensure
- Knowledge of the construction administration process
If you are ready to help us create a better world with design, send us your resume and any representative samples of your work for evaluation. We look forward to welcoming you into the Jackson Main family!
JMA offers competitive wages based on skills and experience. Our industry-leading benefits package includes Paid Time Off; 8 paid holidays; full medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance; accreditation reimbursement; 401K with matching; an unlimited Orca card; and many other paid perks. We pay for your Amazon Prime membership!
Jackson | Main Architecture is a full-spectrum design firm centered on client satisfaction. Founded in 2015 when two Seattle architecture firms merged, JMA focuses our time and talents on architecture, master planning, and interior design for a broad range of clients within the industrial, commercial, residential, retail, mission-critical, institutional, healthcare, and workplace sectors.
JMA is working 75% remotely until a full return to the office is allowed, at which point this position will be located at our physical office in Seattle (Pioneer Square). Note that our office has an unavoidable staircase – all applicants must be able to manage two flights of stairs.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we are requiring masks for both employees and visitors to our office. Social-distancing measures are in effect, and additional cleaning/sanitizing supplies and procedures are in place.