Interior Designer- Helping People Live and Work Smarter
Company Website Jackson Main Architecture
Jackson | Main Architecture (JMA) is a diverse, thriving, and energetic architecture and interior design firm with industry-leading employee benefits and a focus on integrity and collaboration. We aspire to enhance the built environment through design, helping people to live and work smarter.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Interior Designer who approaches projects in a proactive, enthusiastic manner. Our ideal candidate will have a strong desire to lead, mentor and grow the interior design team in our target markets (Retail, Multi-family, Workplace, Industrial, and Healthcare). The Interior Designer will also be responsible for managing multiple teams on small to large scale projects, from tenant improvements to new construction. This position is a solid platform for leadership and career growth.
The JMA team excels at multi-tasking and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while remaining focused on quality and accuracy. We possess a passion for design and believe in a healthy work/life balance. We like dogs, bikes, our clients, and each other. We have a weekly happy hour (online until Covid restrictions end)!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, initiate design, manage project phases and budgets, and mentor interior design staff
- Participate in project pursuits and interiors marketing/business development efforts
- Work directly with Principal in Charge on projects
- Lead and manage client groups, vendors, and design team
- Maintain quality and accuracy of project documents
Required Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Professional degree: bachelor’s or master’s degree in interior design or a related field
- NCIDQ or Architectural Licensure
- 7-10 years of professional experience in an architectural or interior design office
- Experience in tenant improvements, multi-family, commercial, and/or medical sectors
- Drive to exceed client expectations in a manner benefitting the client, JMA, and community
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Space-planning methodologies, residential unit design, and interior detailing skills are essential
- Strong knowledge of fixture & furnishings, building systems, code, and ADA requirements
- Strong organizational, project, and team management skills; able to lead ID and TI projects
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and in communicating design intent to constructors in the field
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines, with a natural curiosity and a high level of creativity
- Occasional travel will be required
- LEED Certification
- EDAC Certification
- Experience in client outreach and business developmen
If you are ready to create a better world through design, send us your resume and representative work samples for evaluation. We look forward to welcoming you into the JMA family!
JMA offers competitive wages based on skills and experience. Our industry-leading benefits package includes Paid Time Off; 8 paid holidays; full medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance; accreditation reimbursement; 401K with matching; an unlimited Orca card; and many other paid perks. We pay for your Amazon Prime membership!
Send your resume, a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and demonstrating your communication skills, and work samples.
Jackson | Main Architecture is a full-spectrum design firm centered on client satisfaction. Founded in 2015 when two Seattle architecture firms merged, JMA focuses our time and talents on architecture, master planning, and interior design for a broad range of clients within the industrial, commercial, residential, retail, mission-critical, institutional, healthcare, and workplace sectors.
JMA is working 75% remotely until a full return to the office is allowed, at which point this position will be located at our physical office in Seattle (Pioneer Square). Note that our office has an unavoidable staircase – all applicants must be able to manage two flights of stairs.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we are requiring masks for both employees and visitors to our office. Social-distancing measures are in effect, and additional cleaning/sanitizing supplies and procedures are in place.