Company Website SHED Architecture & Design
SHED is looking for a talented and motivated interior designer. In this position you will be working closely with firm principals and architectural designers on a wide range of project types and sizes. This is intended to be a full-time position, but we are open to part time depending on the applicant. This position is comprised of two main areas of focus:
Build the SHED Interior Design Department:
- Primary focus is finishes, hardware, plumbing and lighting fixtures
- Develop a suite of “go-to” materials and products at different price points
- Expand and organize the materials library
- Develop effective client deliverables
- Share knowledge with the team
Interior Design on SHED Projects:
- Interact with clients directly and professionally
- Collaboratively develop design ideas with shed project teams
- Prepare effective and visually informative presentations
- Specifying finishes, fixtures, custom furnishings, textiles, and hardware for projects
- An accredited degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design
- Understand past, current, and upcoming design styles and trends
- Proficient in SketchUp, Enscape and Adobe Creative Suite
- A portfolio that demonstrates the above
SHED is an established Seattle architecture firm that takes design seriously. We value substance over style and work toward design solutions that are direct, innovative and project-specific. SHED takes on three primary types of work:
1. High-performance residential new construction (LEED, Passive House, Net-Zero)
2. Residential remodels/additions
3. Adaptive re-use of existing (mostly historic) commercial buildings
Having origins as a design-build firm, we are inspired and informed by evolving methods, materials and design concepts. We promote a collaborative culture that balances personal responsibility with mentorship and team support, and we provide an environment geared towards professional growth and development.
Competitive pay based on experience and generous benefits package. Please send a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that we can only respond to qualified candidates.
SHED is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.