Interior Designer (1-3 years experience)
Company Website SABArchitects. Inc.
SABArchitects is a vibrant midsize architecture and interior design firm located on the south bank of the Lake Washington Ship Canal in Seattle, Washington. We are seeking energetic staff at several different levels who are interested in taking themselves and SABA to the next level. SABA’s success rests in our deep respect for our staff and our clients. For our staff, we provide a fun, collaborative, and respectful place to work where you can go as far as your abilities and drive can take you. For our clients, we listen carefully and apply all of our design, technical, and management skills to turn their project goals into an architectural reality.
SABA is a regional leader in the design of high-tech offices, healthcare facilities, research and development labs, and early education centers. Our clients include Amazon, Fred Hutch, The Nature Conservancy, Bright Horizons, Juno Therapeutics, Novo Nordisk, and Virginia Mason Hospital. SABA’s overall compensation package includes competitive salary, discretionary bonus, healthcare, dental, vision, disability insurance, 401K with corporate match, NCIDQ exam study support, locker rooms with showers, bicycle, and kayak parking.
• Work in an integrated team atmosphere
• Maintain and build the network of manufacturers sales reps, manage the materials library, and schedule product presentations
• Assist with conceptualizing and developing project ideas
• Assist project team with furniture and finish selections
• Work as part of a team to produce documents for permit and construction
• Attend design and construction meetings
• Opportunity to participate in construction administration
• Ideal position to learn the full range of professional skills required for NCIDQ Certification
• Opportunity to work on a wide variety of project types or focus on a specific one
• Opportunity to work directly with firm principals
• Potential to participate in marketing efforts and/or internal initiatives
Qualifications and Experience:
• BA or BS in Interior Design
• 1-3 years professional experience in interior design
• Proficient in Revit and Adobe Creative Suites
• Additional AutoCAD & Sketch-up skills a bonus
• Motivated self-starter with good organizational skills
• An open mind and enthusiastic outlook
• Good communication skills