Company Website IBI Group
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Functions as project architect with a wide variety of responsibility on several local projects
- Maintain control over the overall design vision
- Manages, develops and mentors assigned team members
- Analyze project objectives and work plans for coordination and execution of tasks
- Ensures accurate preparation of project documents by collaborating and coordinating with consultants, contractors, and internal team members in various IBI Group offices
- Evaluates and documents code compliance
- Resolves complex technical and design issues
- Understand and maintain the project manual, including technical specifications
- Studies and consults with outside professionals and societies in furtherance of business development goals and personal development
- Keeps informed of new developments and systems that influence project work
- Responsible for enhancing quality standards and procedural standards for project teams and Living+ sector
- Presents designs and documentation for internal review and external approval
- Delivers coordination and documentation to meet client and internal expectations in close collaboration with internal team and delivers high quality architectural work product
You’ll need to have:
- 4-8 years of experience working in an architectural firm
- Deep understanding and experience with Revit
- Registration as an Architect or in process of pursuing license
- University degree in Architecture, NAAB-accredited degree required.
- Previous experience in a Job Captain role preferred
- Background with residential-commercial mixed-use projects and high-rise require
- Local Seattle/Bellevue area project experience preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of building construction and thorough understanding of construction documents
- Construction/Contract administration experience preferred
- An ability to understand and develop architectural ideas, independently and collaboratively
- Effective communicator through technical documents, crafting visual presentations, and verbal/in person presentations
- Comfortable communicating with clients/consultants daily
- Comfortable communicating with construction manager and site teams
- Comfortable with regular site visits and field observation
- Ideal candidates must be a team player who is well organized, detail oriented, thrives on complex challenges, focused professional, design driven, accurate, and able to meet deadlines under pressure
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, you will need to be local to return to the office once restrictions are lifted.
When we do return to the office we’re located on the 10th floor of 801 Second Avenue, in the historic Norton Building with sweeping views of Puget Sound to the West and Mount Rainier to the South, IBI Group’s Seattle office is situated in the heart of downtown Seattle.