Company Website IBI Group
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group is one of the largest architectural firms in the world, with over 300 globally connected registered architects and 1800 LEED Accredited Professionals. Nothing is more important than our fundamental commitment to this guiding discipline.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Functions as project architect with a focus on construction administration on the short term with room for growth long term
- Maintain control over the overall design vision
- Manages, develops and mentors assigned team members
- Analyze project objectives and task plans by identifying construction requirements of the project
- Ensures accurate preparation of project construction documents by collaborating and coordinating with consultants, contractors, and team members
- Evaluates code compliance
- Resolves complex technical and design issues
- Maintain the project manual, including technical specifications
- Studies and consults with outside professionals and societies
- Keeps informed of new developments and systems that influence project work
- Responsible for enhancing quality standards and procedural standards for Architectural Department
- Presents design alternatives, and achieves approval of preferred design solutions
- Delivers projects to meet client expectations Delivers high quality architecture, fulfilling the design aspirations of the practice
You’ll need to have:
- 8-10 years of experience working in an architectural firm with a focus on quality design on Revit based projects
- Registration as an Architect or in process of pursuing license
- University degree in Architecture, NAAB-accredited degree required.
- Previous experience in a Job Captain role preferred
- Background with residential-commercial mixed-use projects and high-rise required
- Local Seattle/Bellevue area project experience preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of building construction and thorough understanding of construction documents
- Construction/Contract administration experience required
- Proven project and team leadership in visioning, design, synthesis, and delivery roles
- An ability to understand and develop architectural ideas, independently and collaboratively
- Effective communicator (verbal and written)
- Comfortable communicating with clients/consultants daily
- Comfortable communicating with construction manager and site teams
- Comfortable with regular site visits and field observation
- Ideal candidates must be a team player who is well organized, detail oriented, focused, design driven, accurate and able to meet deadlines under pressure
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we’re located on the 10th floor of 801 Second Avenue, in the historic Norton Building with sweeping views of Puget Sound to the West and Mount Rainier to the South, IBI Group’s Seattle office is situated in the heart of downtown Seattle.