Architect – Transit Architecture
Company Website IBI Group
Our Transit group is an award winning mid-sized design studio dedicated to delivering creative public transit design solutions that elevate and strengthen the communities they serve.
We are committed to be a great place to work that fosters the professional growth of every individual through a relaxed, collaborative and dynamic work environment.
We are offering a position for a Senior Architect for our Transit Facilities Studio with experience in planning, design and project management of public transportation and transit projects across the US and internationally. As we look to the post-pandemic future of mobility, we are positioned to help our clients pursue more sustainable, equitable and safe mobility solutions. This is a great opportunity for a passionate and creative mind to take on dynamic and challenging projects, working across disciplines and incorporating technology into our design process and design solutions.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience, be an out-of-the-box thinker with a talent for developing creative design ideas, will offer a robust design portfolio showing an array of projects and a holistic understanding of the design process.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Collaboratively contribute to project team, studio, and firm efforts
Lead a team of architects and designers
- Lead, develop and initiate architectural vision through designs
- Resolve project-related technical challenges through sound decision-making, judgment, research, and collaboration
- Collaborate with clients and team members to identify innovative approaches for mobility
- Develop presentations, progress reports, establishment of design fees, establish resourcing plans and overall lead of projects
- Lead prospective project proposals and business development of the design team
Interaction and collaboration with the client’s team, other consultant’s, contractors and the public
- Develop and manage the production of the contract documents
- Develop and coordinate details, drawings and specifications
- Integrate and coordinate with all disciplines as required to complete project tasks
- Supervise and review the work of junior staff and provide input and mentoring as required
You’ll need to have:
- 10 + years of experience in an architectural firm Creative and collaborative with demonstrated proficiency and passion for designing
- Leadership tendencies of being proactive, a self-starter, detail oriented and ability to inspire a design team
- Understanding knowledge of BIM and associated software
- Competent knowledge of building codes in North America-Seattle area an asset
Demonstrated flexibility, creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving architectural issues
- Highly organized with the ability to manage time and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and presentation skills
Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and within a collaborative team
- Experience in relationship building and business development in the Seattle WA market within Transportation is desired
- Demonstrated proficiency through all phases of project development
- Professional degree in Architecture and licensed in the state of Washington
- Experience in transit station design is highly desired
- Experience on large, multidisciplinary teams will be considered an asset
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we’re located on the 10th floor of 801 Second Avenue, in the historic Norton Building with sweeping views of Puget Sound to the West and Mount Rainier to the South, IBI Group’s Seattle office is situated in the heart of downtown Seattle.
IBI Group is pleased to provide a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
Direct link to the job posting: https://smrtr.io/64DDQ