Company Website IBI Group
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
The Pacific Northwest Studio is a passionate team of architects and interior designers dedicated to the creation of inspirational learning environments. We are a relationship-based architectural firm focused on realizing our clients’ visions through a collaborative process. Truly sustainable and innovative design solutions are the culmination of an integrated design approach.
IBI Group’s Portland office is in search of an experienced Project Manager to join our growing team and support our K-12 education projects. You will need to be local to Portland, Oregon and be able to work remotely until we return to the office once pandemic restrictions are lifted.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
Function as project leader with a focus on client relationships, managing the project team, and coordination with jurisdictional authorities
Oversee design, production, and specifications produced by other project team members
Maintain control over project schedule and budget while supporting the overall design vision
Assist in developing project staff-hours and planning schedule for phases of the project
Manage, develop, and mentor assigned team members
Supervise and perform site observations
Incorporate applicable codes, construction techniques, and sequences in various projects
Be prepared to participate in marketing and business development efforts
Ideal candidate must be a team player who is well organized, detail oriented, focused, design driven, accurate, and able to meet deadlines under pressure
You’ll need to have:
- University Degree – Bachelor / Masters of Architecture
- Registered Architect in North American jurisdiction
- 6 – 10 years’ project management experience in an Architectural Design firm
- Strong technical knowledge of building construction and thorough understanding of construction documents
- Proven ability to collaborate in visioning, design, synthesis, and delivery roles
- Ability to understand and develop architectural ideas, independently and collaboratively
- Comfortable communicating with clients/consultants
- Must have strong communication and teamwork skills
- Basic understanding of Revit and SketchUp, proficiency preferred
- Experience with Educational Architecture, specifically K-12, preferred
Due to COVID 19, we have implemented a work from home model until we return to the office. When we return to the office, you must be able to commute to the office located at 907 SW Harvey Milk St., in the heart of downtown Portland.