Company Website IBI Group
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
The Pacific Northwest Studio is a passionate team of architects and interior designers dedicated to the creation of inspirational learning environments. We are a relationship-based architectural firm focused on realizing our clients’ visions through a collaborative process. Truly sustainable and innovative design solutions are the culmination of an integrated design approach.
IBI Group’s Portland OR office is in search of an Architect to join their team and support their K-12 education projects. We are currently in a work from home model, but you will need to be local to work out of the Portland office, once restrictions are lifted.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Develop designs from concept through design development to contract documents
- Work directly with Principals to oversee projects and project teams, such that the principals can perform more strategic tasks
- Incorporates applicable codes, construction techniques, and sequences in various projects
- Functions in the role of project manager or project architect with a focus on architectural design and technical aspects
- Produces design work according to established standards, methods, and quality procedures
- Coordinates the layout, design, drafting, and specifications produced by other staff members who are part of the project team
- Assists in developing project staff-hours and planning schedule for phases of the project
- Supervises and performs site observations
- Manages and mentors assigned team members
- Manages project fee throughout duration of project
- May participate in marketing and business development efforts
- Ideal candidates must be a team player who is well organized, detail oriented, focused, design driven, accurate and able to meet deadlines under pressure
You’ll need to have:
- University Degree – Bachelor / Master of Architecture
- Registered Architect in North American jurisdiction
- 8 – 15 years’ experience in an Architectural Design firm
- Strong technical knowledge of building construction and thorough understanding of construction documents
- Proven ability to collaborate in visioning, design, synthesis, and delivery roles
- Ability to understand and develop architectural ideas, independently and collaboratively
- Comfortable communicating with clients/consultants
- Strong technical competency, proficient in Revit
- Must have strong communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Educational Architecture, specifically K-12
- Ability to conduct site visits as needed with precaution
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we’re located at 907 SW Harvey Milk St in the heart of downtown.