Company Website HKP Architects
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated individual to join our team as a Project Administrator. The ideal candidate is an outgoing person who is extremely organized, works well with deadlines, and is driven to help grow a creative design firm. This is a full-time position with a base pay commensurate with experience. Benefits and vacation packages are negotiable.
HKP Architects is an award-winning firm located in Mount Vernon, Washington, specializing in educational, civic, cultural, affordable housing, and residential design. Our focus and passion centers around sustainability and community. Established in 1952, HKP has grown from a small-town general practice to a regionally recognized and respected firm known for service, quality and civic engagement. We are currently a talented group of eight, looking to double in size.
Our culture fosters growth, collaboration, and personal job satisfaction. We are dedicated to producing fine architecture in an office setting that maintains a balance with our lives beyond work. We bring to the table different talents and skills and different levels of experience. Our core values are as follows:
· Equity and Inclusion
The Project Administrator works directly with the Partners, Designers and Office Manager to manage project-related contracts, staffing levels, project performance tracking, client invoicing, and assisting with business development and marketing efforts.
· Supports development of proposals, award applications, and various other submittals
· Manages the contact and mailing list(s)
· Manages Hubspot CRM and supports Principals to update, as needed
· Supports the development of fee proposals
· Assists with the review of Contracts with Risk Manager, Partner, and Project Manager
· Transitions fee proposals and contracts into client Invoicing
· Assists with writing and documenting Fee Amendments to projects
· Supports implementation and manages time tracking and project management software
· Tracks Project Team Performance against the fee and works with team to stay on schedule and budget
· Creates and manages standardized forms and processes to facilitate efficient operations of the firm
· Develops Best Practices for Project Administration
Required Professional Skills
· Knowledgeable about contracts and invoicing
· Able to communicate with clients for outstanding Accounts Payable status updates and maintain a weekly status report/spreadsheet for the Partners
· Able to quickly learn and utilize multiple technologies related to project management and business development/marketing.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently with clear direction
· Able to collaborate project staff in a positive, empowering manner
· Capable of managing multiple, complex schedules
· Open and honest communications
· Able to consistently meet deadlines and manage diverse and complex tasks
· Ability to pitch in and assist on any level of task when the work calls for it
Beneficial Technical Skills
· Adobe Acrobat
· Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator specifically)
Why Should You Apply?
· We have a unique team and a unique firm with a passion for design, community, and sustainability
· You enjoy being around other creative people and working together to solve problems
· You want to utilize your skills to help a small company grow to its full potential