PROJECT ARCHITECT / PROJECT MANAGER
Company Website Hinge Studio
Hinge Studio is looking for an experienced Project Manager/Project Architect to join us in developing this unique small practice. We are at an exciting time in the firm’s development with fabulous opportunities on the horizon. We are seeking a team member excited to help us to continue to produce the innovative work for which we are known. This role will be part team member / project lead, and part mentor / leader. The ideal candidate will have experience leading small teams and with project management systems. They will be an intelligent, thoughtful, collaborator with experience in commercial architecture.
Hinge is a team, and a family. We strive to find fulfillment and enjoyment in every project and in life. Every project no matter how big or small gives us a chance to bring intelligent thoughtful design to our clients and to the built environment. We like to say that we find the love in every project, and we have a strong commitment to balancing our work with our lives.
Hinge specializes in adaptation and reuse. We reuse buildings and materials. We adapt our ways of thinking and doing along with our ways of seeing space. We do a wide variety of small to mid-sized projects for commercial and residential clients. Every team member has their hands in all aspects of a project from design and research to detailing and construction administration.
What we need:
- A smart, organized architect with experience in project management, and leading small teams.
- A minimum of 5 years full time office experience with experience in all phases of architecture.
- Experience with code, specifications, CA, detailing and a general knowledge of how to put buildings and drawing sets together.
- Revit – a must. Other things are a bonus.
- Agility – aka the ability to juggle the work of multiple projects and roles simultaneously
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Commercial and Tenant Improvement experience
- Single Family Residential Experience
- A hearty laugh, a great sense of humor, or a hidden talent
What we provide:
- A competitive wage
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
- 65% coverage of health care (an excellent plan)
- Flexible work schedules
- Little to no evening or weekend work
- A cool office that is part of a creative collective full of artists and other creatives in the heart of Georgetown
- A group of people who will really value you and treat you like family.
Please send resume and project samples to firstname.lastname@example.org